Anyone with experience programming 8fun hub motor controller?

TCVermont

10 µW
I bought and installed a Bafang front hub kit from Bafang USA. When the rider wasn't happy with the throttle response I moved faster than I thought and plugged it in to the BBS BafangConfigTool. Now I get Error code 30 on startup and the programming tool is unresponsive. The guys I bought it from pushed me away b/c I plugged in the cable. I probably scrambled the controller and have to figure out where to get a new one. Is there anything to try before junking this one?

BTW there isn't any model number on the unit, just Rated Voltage (48V), Rated Current (9A) and serial #, etc.

Tim

TCVermont said:
I bought and installed a Bafang front hub kit from Bafang USA. When the rider wasn't happy with the throttle response I moved faster than I thought and plugged it in to the BBS BafangConfigTool.

Where did you find a config tool that works with a Bafang hub motor controller? I've only seen it for their mid drive motor controllers. Did you have to add an interface?

E-HP said:
TCVermont said:
I bought and installed a Bafang front hub kit from Bafang USA. When the rider wasn't happy with the throttle response I moved faster than I thought and plugged it in to the BBS BafangConfigTool.

Where did you find a config tool that works with a Bafang hub motor controller? I've only seen it for their mid drive motor controllers. Did you have to add an interface?
That's pretty much the problem, I didn't find such a tool. I saw the green, 5-pin connector and plugged it in to the BBS programmer. I guess that scrambled it? I'm getting the idea that there is no fix for this.

TCVermont said:
E-HP said:
TCVermont said:

That's pretty much the problem, I didn't find such a tool. I saw the green, 5-pin connector and plugged it in to the BBS programmer. I guess that scrambled it? I'm getting the idea that there is no fix for this.
5-pin connector on the controller? Was it the connector for a display?

Yes, the Bafang hub controller has all the connectors you would expect for a system with a Bafang display: 5-pin Higo, 9-pin motor, red & black battery (in my case, Andersons), 3-pin Higo for PAS.

TCVermont said:
Yes, the Bafang hub controller has all the connectors you would expect for a system with a Bafang display: 5-pin Higo, 9-pin motor, red & black battery (in my case, Andersons), 3-pin Higo for PAS.

Since most display connector carry full battery pack voltage, it seems like it's not a programming issue, but just that something got flied when you plugged in the programming cable. If you can't get it working, at least it's good for spare parts (FETs, caps, extra connectors, etc.).

E-HP said:
TCVermont said:

Since most display connector carry full battery pack voltage, it seems like it's not a programming issue, but just that something got flied when you plugged in the programming cable. If you can't get it working, at least it's good for spare parts (FETs, caps, extra connectors, etc.).

Thanks, that's a good insight about how things work.

Back