Error 30H/Cant connect

DRock153

100 µW
Hello everyone

So I successfully installed a 72volt molicel with 3000watt motor and 80a Sabvoton controller on my Super73 RX.

I rode it to work for 2 weeks then on my way home the other day, the motor just stopped and the bike shut down.

When I was able to get home and turn the bike on I get no throttle, and the error code 30H

Ive checked every single wire and everything seems to be connected just fine. But if I attempt to connect to the MQCon app I cant even connect via bluetooth and if I hookup the laptop there is only the TX light blinking.

Super frustrated going back and forth with the shop and he just keeps telling me I need to connect on the app to do a hard reset.

Any info/help will be much appreciated

On some controllers, 30H is communication error. If you have a display on the bike that "talks" to the controller, and the error is on that display, it means it can't talk to the controller. That can be from a controller failure (many possible causes), or a loose connection between the two, or a cable or connector fault anywhere between them. It could also be the display itself, where it's tranceiver electronics can't pass signals to/from the controller to the internals of the display.

If the app via BT and the laptop via hardwired USB-serial can't connect either, it's probably not the display, but could easily be the controller simply failed, or that it is not being powered on by the display (the display has electronics in it that connect battery voltage back to the controller to turn the controller on, and those have been known to just die on various displays). In the latter case you can bypass the display by jumpering those two pins (depends on your specific system which ones to use), to ensure the controller is powered on.

If the controller still doesnt' work or communicate, you could check the 5v on throttle and halls. If that is not correct, then you could disconnect motor halls and throttle/etc from controller to remove any loads on the 5v, and retest. If still no 5v, then you could open up controller to check the low-voltage power supply that converts battery voltage to 12v, 5v, etc. Might be repairable, might not.

If 5v is present on throttle, etc, then controller is switched on and has the low voltages it needs, but the MCU inside it is just not working--could have just died, or is locked up (in which case a hard reset could fix it, but you'd have to find the reset pin on the chip and ground it, since it cant' talk to the outside world--if that doesn't work, it's toast and you need a new controller).

DRock153 said:
Hello everyone

So I successfully installed a 72volt molicel with 3000watt motor and 80a Sabvoton controller on my Super73 RX.

I rode it to work for 2 weeks then on my way home the other day, the motor just stopped and the bike shut down.

When I was able to get home and turn the bike on I get no throttle, and the error code 30H

Ive checked every single wire and everything seems to be connected just fine. But if I attempt to connect to the MQCon app I cant even connect via bluetooth and if I hookup the laptop there is only the TX light blinking.

Super frustrated going back and forth with the shop and he just keeps telling me I need to connect on the app to do a hard reset.

Any info/help will be much appreciated

If you have a multimeter, set it to 20VDC.

Hook up the battery to the controller as normal, and turn on the system.

connect black meter lead to battery negative. Connect meter red lead to the 5v power supply pin of your controller's throttle connector (if you have to unplug the throttle to access the controller plug, do so). Alternately you can measure the 5v power supply pin of the controller's motor hall sensor connector; they should both read about 5v if things are working correctly. Otherwise, post what the meter says here.

If you don't know which one is 5v power pin on either of those, just measure all the pins and note down every voltage you see.

Oh ok gotcha. So I just gotta check to see if the throttle and hall are getting 5V or not. And if they are then I gotta hope the controller isn’t frocked …

What would have caused this happen anyways?
Wouldn’t want this to happen again
I’ve only had this setup for a couple weeks :/

Comm errors, if that's what it is, are usually just connection problems. Unlikely in your case since nothing talks to controller.

Dead controllers...that's a bigger list. Wiring fault (often phase/hall motor cable damage, shorting phases to each other or to halls), overheating, crappy manufacturing, crappy design, etc.

Displays that don't turn the controller on anymore: crappy design / cheap parts for the switch circuit. Similar issues for comm failure due to transciever parts rather than connections.

DRock153 said:
Oh ok gotcha. So I just gotta check to see if the throttle and hall are getting 5V or not. And if they are then I gotta hope the controller isn’t frocked …

What would have caused this happen anyways?
Wouldn’t want this to happen again
I’ve only had this setup for a couple weeks :/

Back