Sudden high voltage errors in regen for Kelly controller

Cuprani

100 mW
I run my LEV on a Kelly KLS 4830S controller with an 13S li-ion battery.
I haven't used it for a while, but I took it with me on holiday, sadly only to found out it was undriveable.

As soon as I brake, or release throttle and then give some throttle again, the controller stalls and resets itself.
Today I had the time to connect the Bluetooth controller and check for controller errors.

I now can see the controller stalls for High Voltage errors every time I hit the brake, and every time I hit the throttle after throttle release while the LEV is still moving (which is the same as regen because the low throttle input will force the controller to reduce engine RPM according to the throttle input).

The max voltage settings for the controller is set to 60V, which is the highest possible setting for the 4830S.
I also saw in the controller the voltage shortly run over 60V before it stalls.
In my display I see the voltage rising from 50 to maybe 54 volts before it stalls, but I don't know if this is because of slow reading rate. At rest both the controller and my display (which are seperate systems) give 50V.

What could cause sudden high voltages with regen without changing anything?

I checked battery voltage with my own voltage meter while regen braking.
Voltage indeed goes up to 60V so it is not a faulty voltage reading by the controller.

What is a normal voltage raise for regen braking?
And I never had this problem before, is this a faulty controller or could it be caused by the motor?

Problem solved!
When I couldn't charge either, I figured out the problem was in the smart BMS.

The BMS was preventing the charge which caused the voltage to go up.

Back