Adding a key to NIU N1

Hello everyone,

I have recently purchased several NIU N1s that were decommissioned from a large rental company that went out of business. Due to its configuration, the key was removed and was replaced by a button that doesn't do anything. I am currently only able to start it with the H1 tool and I am wondering if there is an easy way to add a key. I was also able to find replacement ECUs that come with remote start. I am aware that these may make the app not function, but I don't care about that.

I noticed in the wiring diagram there is a pin going directly to the controller that is for a key. Maybe this should be where I start.

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

therealmiketyson said:
Hello everyone,

I have recently purchased several NIU N1s that were decommissioned from a large rental company that went out of business. Due to its configuration, the key was removed and was replaced by a button that doesn't do anything. I am currently only able to start it with the H1 tool and I am wondering if there is an easy way to add a key. I was also able to find replacement ECUs that come with remote start. I am aware that these may make the app not function, but I don't care about that.

I noticed in the wiring diagram there is a pin going directly to the controller that is for a key. Maybe this should be where I start.

Unfortunately, you're the only one that can see the wiring diagram or the other things you're describing.

Most controllers have a wire that when battery level voltage is applied, turns it on. So a key switch would have one conductor going to to the battery (+), and the other going to that ignition/key switch pin.

Hello everyone,

Hi, Im currently in the same situation as you. Did you ever find a way to add a key Start?

Back