Measure plus and minus on Julet connectors?

E-driver_

1 kW
Anyone know what is plus and minus inside a Julet connector?

Is the hole in the middle minus? This is the suspiscion at least.

If I know plus and minus I might find out if the controller and cables are giving current to the motor or not. By measuring with a multimeter.

Looks like in the picture:

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2022-08-14 kl. 11.28.15.png
    Skärmavbild 2022-08-14 kl. 11.28.15.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 613
I've seen pin out illustrations for those somewhere, so I know they exist.

I would have a tendency to open up the controller for a look. We know there's going to be the Green Blue Yellow sets, small and large, and the white wire. The remaining 2 wires, whatever color they are, are going to be your power. Use you continuity tester to figure out what pins they lead to. Shouldn't take but a couple of minutes....

I see a 9 pin male plug in the corner of your picture, so you must be showing the motor connector? Diagram shows the female side coming from the controller.

I've had a couple of controllers fail. Saw water damage on the insides, on the printed wire lines. I never have done the multimeter test. I just hook a working bike's controller to the suspect bike's motor. If I have to, I hook the suspect controller to a good motor. More bike shops should set up a controller on a battery with a throttle and a 9 pin cable. They could diagnose motor or controller in 5 minutes.

Never had a motor fail yet. except for losing the speed sensor on my Bafang fat bike motor.

motor_conn.jpg

E-driver_ said:
Anyone know what is plus and minus inside a Julet connector?

Is the hole in the middle minus? This is the suspiscion at least.

If I know plus and minus I might find out if the controller and cables are giving current to the motor or not. By measuring with a multimeter.

Looks like in the picture:
There's no single + or - in these types of motors and controllers, for the part that drives the motor itself. There are three phase wires, each of which changes polarity as needed during motor rotation as the controller drives the motor.

The three largest pins are the phases.

The rest of the smaller holes are sensor wires, and power to the sensors; that power does have a + and a -, but it doesn't power the motor itself, just the sensors.

In case the pinout provided by docw009 doesn't match your controller/motor, there are plenty of images in a google image search that show various motor connector pinouts, you can check yours using them to see which (if any) match the wiring of your particular controller/motor combination.

https://www.google.com/search?q=motor+connector+pinouts&tbm=isch

https://www.google.com/search?q=julet+motor+connector+pinouts&tbm=isch

Back