Uk-c1 display with sabvoton 100a controller

csm_ecosse

1 mW
Hi everyone I'm new here , I'm in the final stages of building my bike but I have ran into a problem my controller is a sabvoton 100a it has a 72v ignition adapter on the display side. I wired up an egnition key too this adapter, it switched on bike with no problems but I left uk-c1 screen live when I switched key off and it seems my screen is dead I'm guessing egnition caused a sudden voltage drop the screen can't handle, I bypassed screen so know controller is OK, just wondering if anyone has had this issue and found a work around too avoid this happening?
I have ordered another new uk-c1 display and nervous as all of the above is really a guess 😅

What is your "ignition adapter"?

And what is your "egnition key"?

Links to the pages they were purchased from (or details on how you made them and what they do exactly if they were not purchased) and a diagram of exactly how they are wired into the system may help us understand what has happened and how you can prevent it.

csm_ecosse said:
Hi everyone I'm new here , I'm in the final stages of building my bike but I have ran into a problem my controller is a sabvoton 100a it has a 72v ignition adapter on the display side. I wired up an egnition key too this adapter, it switched on bike with no problems but I left uk-c1 screen live when I switched key off and it seems my screen is dead I'm guessing egnition caused a sudden voltage drop the screen can't handle, I bypassed screen so know controller is OK, just wondering if anyone has had this issue and found a work around too avoid this happening?
I have ordered another new uk-c1 display and nervous as all of the above is really a guess 😅

amberwolf said:
What is your "ignition adapter"?

And what is your "egnition key"?

Links to the pages they were purchased from (or details on how you made them and what they do exactly if they were not purchased) and a diagram of exactly how they are wired into the system may help us understand what has happened and how you can prevent it.

Hi Amber wolf,

I try and get as much info ASAP on holiday just now might be better taking photos of the parts when home.

The egnition key is basically an electric lock running on the positive from display and positive controller so when key is on the on position the loop is closed and display can turn on power. More of anti theft feature.

The adapter, might be better saying 72V egnition lock "jst connector that is a single positive from controller and loops on the positive side of display which a 5 pin jst connector.

Will add more info soon once home thanks for replying

csm_ecosse said:

Hi here is links for controller . Also has wiring diagram
https://sabvoton.net/products/mqconsabvoton-electric-bicycle-controller-model-svmc72100
Link for key switch.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184814140943
and link for uk-c1 display Manual
http://siaecosys.com/upfile/202003/2020030462327201.pdf

sorry for delay on geting info was on holiday hopefully this will help =)

also found this its the closest to my wiring for controller
https://www.mqcon.com/static/upload/file/20210717/1626514043264825.pdf

csm_ecosse said:

By "adapter", do you mean connector?
Also, none of the diagrams show a connector for the display, including the one linked, although some of the pics show a display with a HiGo connector, but the controller doesn't appear to have one to connect to. Perhaps if you posted some pics, it would be easier to see what configuration you have with your connectors and switch components.

E-HP said:
csm_ecosse said:

Also, none of the diagrams show a connector for the display, including the one linked, although some of the pics show a display with a HiGo connector, but the controller doesn't appear to have one to connect to. Perhaps if you posted some pics, it would be easier to see what configuration you have with your connectors and switch components.

Hi yeah sorry when I say adapter I meant connector it's a 5pin jst connector the ignition wire is looped from red live from lcd connector with live from controller so when egnition is turned on the live loop is connected .I try and get a decent pic or see if I can find decent pics online. Thank you for reply

Ps meant to say this is how the egnition wiring setup came with controller I have not modified anything .

csm_ecosse said:
E-HP said:
csm_ecosse said:

Hi yeah sorry when I say adapter I meant connector it's a 5pin jst connector the ignition wire is looped from red live from lcd connector with live from controller so when egnition is turned on the live loop is connected .I try and get a decent pic or see if I can find decent pics online. Thank you for reply

Ps meant to say this is how the egnition wiring setup came with controller I have not modified anything .

csm_ecosse said:
csm_ecosse said:
E-HP said:
csm_ecosse said:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 415
I managed to find a good picture of my controller online and have uploaded it here hope this helps to give better understanding of my wiring .number 4 is display connector & number 6 is ignition.

csm_ecosse said:
I managed to find a good picture of my controller online and have uploaded it here hope this helps to give better understanding of my wiring .number 4 is display connector & number 6 is ignition.

If you mean you added a switch instead of the jumper to #6, then there shouldn't be an issue. If under the shrink wrap, the display is in series with the switch, then the switch would need to be on for the display to power up though.

E-HP said:
csm_ecosse said:

If you mean you added a switch instead of the jumper to #6, then there shouldn't be an issue. If under the shrink wrap, the display is in series with the switch, then the switch would need to be on for the display to power up though.
I am really baffled on why my display fried i wouldnt think leaving lcd screen on would matter when switching off key, im wondering if key switch is mostly likely rated at 12v i have no idea tho, but if it is could that maybe be the cause?

csm_ecosse said:
I am really baffled on why my display fried i wouldnt think leaving lcd screen on would matter when switching off key, im wondering if key switch is mostly likely rated at 12v i have no idea tho, but if it is could that maybe be the cause?

Recheck the display connectors both on the controller and display side, to make sure none of the pins have slid back in the connector housing. It doesn't makes sense that shutting off the power would kill the display, otherwise it would also die if your battery tripped, etc.

E-HP said:
csm_ecosse said:

Recheck the display connectors both on the controller and display side, to make sure none of the pins have slid back in the connector housing. It doesn't makes sense that shutting off the power would kill the display, otherwise it would also die if your battery tripped, etc.
Thanks i will check that out tonigjt when home ,never thought about cable connectors maybe being the cause

E-HP said:
csm_ecosse said:

Thanks i will check that out tonight when home ,never thought about cable connectors maybe being the cause will let you know how i got on soon

csm_ecosse said:
E-HP said:
csm_ecosse said:

Thanks i will check that out tonight when home ,never thought about cable connectors maybe being the cause will let you know how i got on soon
i inspected the cables and connectors etc and could find no faults, but did a bit of digging around and have found out that there is a warning on( uk rinsun motor) display page saying display must be turned of before switching power off at the bike so looks like display is most likely fried, i bought this last year, so anoying that they never send these things with instructions.

Back