HELP! BBSHD Replaced everything, PAS ok, still no throttle

rocketgirl65

1 µW
Hi, i shorted main power (48v) to my frame when bike stand squashed cable. I'm really stumped and my bikes been outta commission for weeks. PAS WORKS. Throttle doesn't. its nearly impossible to test these tiny pinouts, but i'm pretty sure i'm not getting +5V out of the controller to the main harness on pin 6. in the meantime,

- yes, replaced the throttle. LOL
- figured i blew the contoller, so replaced it, twice. once with an older spare and once with a brand new one
- eggrider was getting all kinda funky error messages, so replaced it as well
- tried a second main harness, no joy
- speed sensor is lit up and connected
- no error messages
- yes, PAS works
- yes, programming both via eggrider and via programming cable works. i'm using Karls special sauce.
- tried jiggling the black and white connectors from the controller to the motor in the event i busted something removing the old controller, but i no change

:| So, what i think is left, are the black and white connectors between the motor and the controller. i feel very unqualified to dig around in the motor. I have DC-DC converters on the back of my bike for 12V (head/brake lights) and 5V (phone charger) so the my last resort is to just "jam" 5V into the throttle manually.

do any of you tinkerers have any other ideas?

thanks guys,

rocket

aloha ebuilder!

thanks for your super quick reply. im able to use both the eggrider app as well as the direct programming cable online mac tool (https://devnotes.kymatica.com/BafangWebConfig/BafangWebCfg.html). both options have worked great.

i went back this morning and checked everything is initialized. i think i'll try to cut open a throttle to get at the green +5v wire and just juice it manually to see if i can get it working. will let you know what the outcome is

mahalo again, rocket

it must be the motor. giving up.

put test probes in the middle of the main harness and jacked in +5v and ground to the throttle. throttle responds on signal wire fine. harness putting signal back to controller just fine. all that's left is something weird in the motor.

unless i think of anything else to check, i'm just gonna wait to see how long this motor lasts then maybe do a new build

-rocket

rocketgirl65 said:
it must be the motor. giving up.

put test probes in the middle of the main harness and jacked in +5v and ground to the throttle. throttle responds on signal wire fine. harness putting signal back to controller just fine. all that's left is something weird in the motor.

Motors don't have much going on in there-- phase power going in, rotor position signals coming out. If PAS works normally, your motor is functional. It's the controller that turns throttle or PAS signals into phase power, so that's where the problem resides.

Maybe squashing the cable fed either motor AC power or full battery voltage into the throttle circuit and burned something on the controller board.

ebuilder said:
Good comments Chalo as you know your stuff and spot on. But she has replaced her controller twice.
FWIW, damaged wiring (if it was not part of the controllers that were replaced) could continue to damage each of the new controllers in the same way as the original was. :(

This may not apply here, but I am not certain of exactly what has and hasn't been tested thoroughly and/or replaced yet (other than the "main harness" and the other listed parts); the poster has not yet verified whether 5v is coming out of the controller to the throttle (only that the throttle has correctly output a signal when external 5v was applied to it).

But as noted, it is just as likely it is a setting not enabling the controller response to a throttle.

YOU REPLACED EVERYTHING ELSE I wonder I you ever replaced the throttle or at least checked to see if you throttle works just something I would do

Back