KTLCD3 Problem

Kemani

1 µW
Hi,

I have built a 1500w 48v 18ah ebike. It has the capability of reaching speeds of 38mph, but on the KT LCD3 whenever I reach 30mph the watts turn from 1500w to 0-200w. So it doesnt go any faster than 30mph and all the watts go down. I know it is restricted somehow as I have reached 38mph on my old lcd but it broke so I had to replace it. Any solutions?

Does this video get you what you need to know? Also depending on your motor wind (Kv or RPM/volt), your top speed will be back EMF aka voltage limited at some point, regardless of controller settings.

[youtube]B0F6x8V0NZQ[/youtube]

Kemani said:
Hi,

I have built a 1500w 48v 18ah ebike. It has the capability of reaching speeds of 38mph, but on the KT LCD3 whenever I reach 30mph the watts turn from 1500w to 0-200w. So it doesnt go any faster than 30mph and all the watts go down. I know it is restricted somehow as I have reached 38mph on my old lcd but it broke so I had to replace it. Any solutions?

Why do you think it's capable of 38mph when it can't go that fast?

When you achieve top speed, any energy is only related to what it takes to overcome wind and rolling resistance. Without either of those, watts drop to near zero. If watts are dropping, that's what normally happens when you achieve the (capable) top speed.

It is capable as I was able to cruise at that speed with no problem, but as I said once I changed my lcd for a new one it started not going over 30mph.

Sorry for the late reply. But yes I have checked with a app on my phone via gps and I was getting the same speeds. Im still looking for a solution so i might have to take it to a bike shop to get it checked out.

You know a bike shop that knows how to program a LCD3? Wow.

You have the speed limiter set at 72? That's all there is to the display.

Why don't you remove the LCD3 temporarily and plug in the jumper they ship with the controller? It basically connects the 48V to to the blue wire and starts the controller in default mode with throttle enabled. See what your GPS says about top speed.

Back