velotric discovery

johnekaes

1 mW
Just got the velotric discovery. It seems only to have preset cruise control. In level 1 it goes to 12 mph at full acceleration if the pedals are moving at all. if the pedals stop it cuts off. Can not go 5 mph

I have a bike with a barely functional santroll controller. The truck run motor has a l1019 connector and outputs speed and temp. It's a 500watt 48v system. I am looking for a controller that has the l1019 connector, has lights and input for a pas. I am partially sighted so soldering wires is out. Does anyone make this? Programmable would be good.

I am moving ahead with the replaceement controller for this bike (just got the wiring diagram). Will let yo how it works out . I have pics of the wiring but don't know how to post here. The motor is a truckrun.

OK. I moved it to Ebike Troubleshooting for you, so that you are more likely to get readers that can offer help rather than people looking for a new product to buy (which is what the Ebike Reviews and Testing forum is for, where you originally posted the thread). (I also moved your other unanswered post into this thread to help you get answers)

To post pictures, look below the box where you type your post, and there is a tab marked Attachments. Click that, then Add Files, and browse to the pictures you want to add. Select them all then accept whatever your computer's dialog says for "ok". The forum will upload and resize any images; it can take a few minutes if there are a lot of htem or they're large. Just wait until they all give a green circle with checkmark in it on the far right, and then they're done uploading.

By default they will all just show up at the end of the post. If you want one in a specific place in your text, put your typing cursor there, then click the Place inline button for that image.

velotric truckrun hub motor wiring

Attachments

• I have a velotric bike with your controller that is only working in speed mode.docx
    9.9 KB · Views: 6
  • RW06 350W 500W rear drive motor Technical Parameter.pdf
    185.4 KB · Views: 4
johnekaes said:
velotric truckrun hub motor wiring

Unfortunately, there's no wiring in your documents. The docx file only says "I have a velotric bike with your controller that is only working in speed mode, not torque mode. I need torquie mode. Can you help. It's possible that there is a need for 100 of these. (email address removed)" which you could have just put as text in your post.

The PDF is just a mechanical drawing of a motor.

If you post actual pictures of the wiring on all of your actual devices, both new and old, showing where they went originally, and where they go now, plus all of the wiring diagrams and all other information about the old system and the new parts that you have, we might be able to help figure things out, if there is enough information. Links to the sale pages for each item are often helpful as they often have information you may not know that you need.

Note that just pictures of wires or connectors (without showing where they come from and go to) won't help us help you (but a lot of people just post such out-of-context pics).

We may have to have you connect some things and measure voltages, etc. to help make sure things get connected to the right wires, since most of the time the connectors and wire colors, etc dont' match between new and old stuff.

johnekaes said:
the pics were posted not to help me but to help others. The velotric motor (truckrun) uses a non-standard connector.

Ok. But since there aren't any pics of wiring or connectors posted, they are not going to help anyone. ;)

Unfortunately, there's no wiring in your documents. The docx file only says "I have a velotric bike with your controller that is only working in speed mode, not torque mode. I need torquie mode. Can you help. It's possible that there is a need for 100 of these. (email address removed)" which you could have just put as text in your post.

The PDF is just a mechanical drawing of a motor.

If you post actual pictures of the wiring on all of your actual devices, both new and old, showing where they went originally, and where they go now, plus all of the wiring diagrams and all other information about the old system and the new parts that you have, we might be able to help figure things out, if there is enough information. Links to the sale pages for each item are often helpful as they often have information you may not know that you need.

Note that just pictures of wires or connectors (without showing where they come from and go to) won't help us help you (but a lot of people just post such out-of-context pics).

We may have to have you connect some things and measure voltages, etc. to help make sure things get connected to the right wires, since most of the time the connectors and wire colors, etc dont' match between new and old stuff.
this is all I could get from the motor manufact.

You still haven't actually posted anything.
coontack Myles @ AffordableEbikes.ca he made an adapter from the odd connector on the motor to a kt controller. He also sold me the controller and display and harness and a pas with the right connector on it. I made an adapter for the tail light and bought a cheap headlight from walmart. I also bought some cheap brake levers with 3 wire connectors to match up with the kt. I t runs like a rad power now with simulated torque. BTW if you have the early discovery bikes then check to see if the front brake adapter is correct as they put the wrong one on my bike and the front brake failed. this is the wiring diagram

Attachments

• wiring_.png
    wiring_.png
    24 KB · Views: 8
coontack Myles @ AffordableEbikes.ca he made an adapter from the odd connector on the motor to a kt controller. He also sold me the controller and display and harness and a pas with the right connector on it. I made an adapter for the tail light and bought a cheap headlight from walmart. I also bought some cheap brake levers with 3 wire connectors to match up with the kt. I t runs like a rad power now with simulated torque. BTW if you have the early discovery bikes then check to see if the front brake adapter is correct as they put the wrong one on my bike and the front brake failed. this is the wiring diagram

Attachments

• wiring_.png
    wiring_.png
    24 KB · Views: 2
Back