Kent Torpedo Battery Replacement

I picked up a Kent Torpedo ($150 on sale!) from Walmart a while back and my kids been having a blast on it, but we keep running out of juice, curses! I need help finding a compatible battery case I can build a new pack in.

kids-bat.png

It looks like the battery is a 7s2p in their "bottle case" style setup. Kent does sell a spare/replacement, but holy smokes Batman, $200 is WAY over priced for 14 x 2600mah cells and a teeny bms. I've got a dozen or so battery builds under my belt and plenty of good 18650's around to throw at this, but I can't for the life of me find a suitable empty case anywhere I look.

I've scoured Aliexpress pretty good finding things like the "cuttle" battery case, a few similar all-in-the-bottle kits (but in 36v), and even a 2170 variant of this style.

But for the life of me, can't find the "mini" 7s2p version of this with the 4 prong connector on the base of this particular brand. I would really prefer to not hack-job in something else at this point (nor do I want to spend $200+ dollars to fully swap out to a 36v system with similar bottle setups). Just a second battery.

Just putting a line out there to see if anybody might have a better sluething sense on how to source these.

(Very high chance I'll also rebuild the stock battery -- using 2600mah cells? Come on, those are rookie numbers!)

Is this it ????
Is this it.png

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/small-capacity-Water-Bottle-case-36V_62040494474.html?

Of course at $132 (plus shipping) it costs more than you paid for the bike.

chuyskywalker said:
LewTwo said:
Is this it ????

That style (the "DC-1C") is the same over all shape, but all of the ones I've come across have an incompatible base plate (2 pins instead of 4).

Why aren't you just rebuilding the existing pack? You could buy a second bike for spare parts; cheaper than the battery.

E-HP said:
Why aren't you just rebuilding the existing pack?

chuyskywalker said:
(Very high chance I'll also rebuild the stock battery -- using 2600mah cells? Come on, those are rookie numbers!)

E-HP said:
You could buy a second bike for spare parts; cheaper than the battery.

The $150 price was a rock bottom, inventory clearing flash sale type deal. It's not available any more.

I picked up a Kent Torpedo ($150 on sale!) from Walmart a while back and my kids been having a blast on it, but we keep running out of juice, curses! I need help finding a compatible battery case I can build a new pack in.

View attachment 324174

It looks like the battery is a 7s2p in their "bottle case" style setup. Kent does sell a spare/replacement, but holy smokes Batman, $200 is WAY over priced for 14 x 2600mah cells and a teeny bms. I've got a dozen or so battery builds under my belt and plenty of good 18650's around to throw at this, but I can't for the life of me find a suitable empty case anywhere I look.

I've scoured Aliexpress pretty good finding things like the "cuttle" battery case, a few similar all-in-the-bottle kits (but in 36v), and even a 2170 variant of this style.

But for the life of me, can't find the "mini" 7s2p version of this with the 4 prong connector on the base of this particular brand. I would really prefer to not hack-job in something else at this point (nor do I want to spend $200+ dollars to fully swap out to a 36v system with similar bottle setups). Just a second battery.

Just putting a line out there to see if anybody might have a better sluething sense on how to source these.

Did you rebuild the battery? My daughter has the same bike and loves it but dies 2 quick. Wondering if you were able to find a solution?

Did you rebuild the battery? My daughter has the same bike and loves it but dies 2 quick. Wondering if you were able to find a solution?
I did not; I found a guy who was (for some reason) selling the stock batteries so I just grabbed a second one. Never even opened one of the cases. Also never found the same body-style as just a case to build in.

Back