Erider torque bb cycle analyst on/off behavior

Erider torque bb cycle analyst on/off behavior (1:12 video demo)

[youtube]wK5mFZVXL68[/youtube]

The CA is reporting RPMs while constantly spinning the pedal to be on/off/on/off in a pattern. The motor is getting power in the same on/off pattern. This also happens when in toque sensing mode as well.

Some details:

• Frankenrunner controller
  • DD_45 motor
  • 3.14 CA software (not latest stable, I discovered, but pretty close)*
  • 72v nominal system.
  • PAS is powered via a DCDC step down (12v) since the CA says you can't run these from the CA when on a >52v battery.

* I see that 3.15 added "ERider_T9" which has defaults for my sensor, but I've just input those manually as a custom torque sensor, so not really a big change.

Maybe I'll give the latest beta a try; the main thread on the CA seems to have some rather positive feedback on the PAS situation

Strange--I've never had this behavior with a cadence sensor on the CA (regardless of the torque sensor); what are all of your settings in the CA? I suspect one or more of them is contributing.

Alternately you can look at my settings files for the SB Cruiser trike, I've posted them as zip files in a few threads recently for others to compare theirs with to help figure out problems.

The CA settings (in hex output). I can't fathom what would be configured in there to cause it to happen. I pretty strongly suspet the BB might have a hardware glitch. I'll probably swap over to a regular magnet pas sensor this weekend to confirm.

Attachments

• xclass-v3-2b3.zip
    607 bytes · Views: 3
The only significant differences I see besides system specific stuff are below; my values are in parentheses after yours.

Power Limit Settings
Amps Feedback Gain 150 (5)
Power Feedback Gain 15.0 (5.0)

I don't know if it will make any difference, but it is something to check.

I have system based on different microcontroller - MPe but with Erider torque sensing BB. Does this situation happen when you ride as well? Or is this happening only when you test it like on the movie ? In my system I can't get motor assist on when moving pedals by hand - it is because I am not able to apply enough force to activate it. However on my screen I have readings on "mass on pedal in grams" that is constantly changing. So maybe you should calibrate torque sensor in Cycleanalyst ? In idle mass on pedal shpuld be O.

Kiwago said:
I have system based on different microcontroller - MPe but with Erider torque sensing BB. Does this situation happen when you ride as well? Or is this happening only when you test it like on the movie ? In my system I can't get motor assist on when moving pedals by hand - it is because I am not able to apply enough force to activate it. However on my screen I have readings on "mass on pedal in grams" that is constantly changing. So maybe you should calibrate torque sensor in Cycleanalyst ? In idle mass on pedal shpuld be O.

It happens while in actual use as well. It's extremely noticeable as well, the motor cutting in and out like that jerks you around quite a lot.

Back