MQCON app showing funny rpm value

Hello smart people, thank you for accepting me.
I need to know if anyone has had problems with the MQCON phone application not showing the correct RPM value when connected via Bluetooth to a Sabvoton controller.
I have a 96120 SVMC Sabvoton controller running a QS273 hub motor. Everything is working right, I have a lot of power and no issues whatsoever operating the bike.
Only problem is getting the RPM through the phone app.
With an iOS phone I read an odd 65xxx value as soon as I turn the throttle.
With an Android phone I read a strange -71xxx value (yes, it is a negative number, as if the motor is turning backwards).
The xxx vary as the throttle is operated.
These funny numbers go back to 0 when throttle is released.
Can anyone point me in the right direction in order to solve this problem?
I contacted QS but got very marginal replies like try connecting to a computer. Doing that requires I have a really long usb cable, as the computer is inside and the bike is outside. In addition bike must be stationary and with the wheel off the ground, which is not really useful to determine voltage sag while operating the bike. I don’t own a portable computer, and even if I did I could not easily carry it around for fine tuning of the bike. Nothing really beats having the phone on the handlebars and accessing the parameters through the app in order to do some fine tuning on the road.
Thank you in advance for your attention, I hope someone can help with this issue.

If you have the right number of poles (magnets) in the speed sensor settings, then it's probably a bug in the app(s); problems have been reported before with various parts of them. If so, not much you can do about that unless you know enough programming to edit the app (like in the android SDK, perhaps).

amberwolf said:
If you have the right number of poles (magnets) in the speed sensor settings, then it's probably a bug in the app(s); problems have been reported before with various parts of them. If so, not much you can do about that unless you know enough programming to edit the app (like in the android SDK, perhaps).

Thank you for your reply, I thought about pole number too, but that is all fine. It is 16 for a QS273 motor. This is correctly identified and set by the hall test the app can perform flawlessly.
My CT-22 display is also showing the correct speed and distance traveled, so the controller is giving the right info to it.
I do think it might be an app problem, but wish I was told that by the MQCON/SABVOTON/QS people, with a promise they might look into updating the app in the near future.
The controller is working so well I would hate to return it in order to get another one and wait for months in the meantime.

Back