sabvaton 45amp max controller

pw2000

1 mW
Hello I have an original 1000w voilamart hub.

I bought a 72V battery fully charged to 84V and a sabvaton 45amp max controller. It is in Boost mode.

Maximum watts is 3780 watts on a fresh charge.

I get a top speed riding of 37 MPH. GPS tested as well that matches the speedo.

With no load it goes to 62 MPH.

I have internal speed limit set to 100% and middle speed limit 100%. This seems to make acceleration faster but no change to top speed.

The battery is capable of 90 amp burst but I am not sure what setting that goes to or if it would make any difference on the Sabvaton controller.

Any ideas how to make it reach 46 MPH? which I have read it is capable of.

Flux weakening is set to 50.

Thanks

Paul

I will experiment and see what difference that makes.

It is the torque at full throttle that is failing.

I wondered if it might be a throttle adjustment

thanks

84V x 45A = 3780W electrical

When I check my speed and power calculator and plug in some safe assumptions, and when I assume a gross system efficiency of 75%, I get an estimated speed of 39.3 mph.

Your gross efficiency (electrical watts from the battery, times controller efficiency, times motor efficiency) may not be that high. Also at that speed, you may be running in the portion of the motor's output curve where current falls off from maximum, meaning you aren't getting the max power your system is capable of.

A more efficient bike and riding position might be able to get you all the way to 46 mph, but probably not if the motor's output is diminishing with increasing speed.

Chalo said:
84V x 45A = 3780W electrical

When I check my speed and power calculator and plug in some safe assumptions, and when I assume a gross system efficiency of 75%, I get an estimated speed of 39.3 mph.

Your gross efficiency (electrical watts from the battery, times controller efficiency, times motor efficiency) may not be that high. Also at that speed, you may be running in the portion of the motor's output curve where current falls off from maximum, meaning you aren't getting the max power your system is capable of.

A more efficient bike and riding position might be able to get you all the way to 46 mph, but probably not if the motor's output is diminishing with increasing speed.

I used the simulator to select a motor that resulted in similar loaded and unloaded speeds as the OP describes, and landed on a 7T 9C clone. I think 42-43mph may be possible with flux weakening. I made assumption on a 26" wheel size then assume a fully charged battery, outputting 45A (3780W).

https://ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html?motor=M2707&batt=cust_84_0.2_20&cont=cust_45_100_0.03_V&axis=mph&hp=0&cont_b=cust_45_100_0.03_V&motor_b=M2707&batt_b=cust_84_0.2_20&hp_b=0&bopen=true&frame_b=cust_0_0

It is going 37.28 MPH as per the GPS flat out.

The battery is capable of giving a 90 amp boost. I am not sure I have that programmed this into the Sabvaton controller properly.

If battery gave a 90 amp boost for 60 seconds would it get me upto 46 MPH?

Any idea what setting on Sabvaton I could enter that the battery can give a boost of 90 amps.

On "rated phase current" which I copied off a youtube video. I have 60 amps as rated phase current which is giving 37.28 MPH flat out. I was wondering if I changed this to 90amps if it would make it get upto 46 MPH?

Thanks for the detailed information.

Paul

Just curious, I'm trying to hot rod my original voilamart hub motor. Is your working ok? Or did you have to heavily modify the motor to increase the wattage?

My
Hub is a suringmax 3000w 3t

Battery 84v fully charged bursts can do 90 amp and continuous 50 amp

Ii have controller set to 45 amps DC, boost 20 amps.

I use throttle only.

After 7 miles hub starts stuttering and jerking and I have to peddle back when applying throttle.

I notice that throttle grunts when starting from still but when applying throttle when wheel is going say 15 mph the hub starts very smoothly.

Any ideas what settings I could fiddle with so hub won't start stuttering after 7 miles?

Thankyou

Paul

Back