Are my throttle wires mixed up?

kmxtornado

10 kW
Looking for your expertise again. This may be the last question before I can get my ride running with an upgraded controller.

My KT controller has the red wire in the middle whereas my throttle connector has the red wire on the side and the black wire in the middle. Do I need to swap the terminals so that the red matches the red, black matches the black (and blue matches the white)?

TIA.

Excuse my nasty hands. Been working on putting replacement components onto my handlebars, relocating some of it, changing the grips, lots of wire management.

sVdRmLc.jpg

If I'm wrong with the wiring, will that toast my controller or will it just not work and then I have another chance and returning the wires to the way they were?

If you have a voltmeter you can test the throttle first.
But it probably won't hurt anything in the controller hooking it up wrong.

Just be careful if it's fully hooked up to the bike. I had one replacement throttle that started at full blast, then went slower the more you twisted it, but the bike was up on a stand so didn't jump across the floor.

Thanks all. I did end up swapping the wires and believe everything is fine. New issue but I've started a new thread since it is not quite directly related to this topic.

Other issue resolved. Wire colors do need to match in my particular case. A Amped Bikes controller sold to me through Hitekbikes was replaced after 11 years by a KT controller. Slightly more amperage 25A compared to 22A and gave me more functionality like integration of a display, opportunity to add PAS.

Back