Controller JUMP bike throttle or pedal assist.

GIGATT

10 W
Greetings, I am trying to get this controller to work. Does anybody know where/ if there is a throttle or pedal assist connector on this controller?

Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• eagotechfb2.jpg
    eagotechfb2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 151
  • eagotechfb.jpg
    eagotechfb.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_20230124-194531_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230124-194531_eBay.jpg
    735.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 20230124_025416.jpg
    20230124_025416.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 146
  • 20230124_025344.jpg
    20230124_025344.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 147
GIGATT said:
Greetings, I am trying to get this controller to work. Does anybody know where/ if there is a throttle or pedal assist connector on this controller?

Thanks in advance..

The Jump bikes use a torque sensing pedal assist sensor, so you may want to research whether those are available before investing too much more time.

Looks like you can get the same controller on ebay for $20 if yours is broken:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/373690817635

For the pinouts, you may be able to find some matching info on the website; some of their controller appear to have throttle inputs:
http://www.eagotech.com/product.html#e2w-controller

There's no way I'd waste my time trying to rehabilitate a controller from a closed system, when I can buy a better, non-proprietary controller for less than forty bucks.

GIGATT said:
First, we can read much better if you don't make your posts gigantic. (I removed the giant-size text tags from the quote above)

As for making anything work with a proprietary "secure" system like these, if it didn't come with the original Jump bike system, then you can be pretty sure the Jump bike system doesn't support it.

If it did support it, you'd need the specific kind used on the Jump bike system. Anything else that doesn't match what the system expects, you'd have to reverse engineer what it expects, then build something to convert the signals from what you are trying to use with it to what it expects.

You'd also need whatever was used to activate the system, such as a phone app and bluetooth, and any hardware used for that purpose on the bike, or else reverse engineer the system to find out what activates it and build something to emulate that signal / activation code / etc.

These systems are intended to be difficult or "impossible" to hack or use with anything other than their original parts, so that stealing them is difficult. Makes re-using them difficult or impossible, too, unfortunately.

E-HP said:
GIGATT said:

Thanks in advance..

The Jump bikes use a torque sensing pedal assist sensor, so you may want to research whether those are available before investing too much more time.

Looks like you can get the same controller on ebay for $20 if yours is broken:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/373690817635

For the pinouts, you may be able to find some matching info on the website; some of their controller appear to have throttle inputs:
http://www.eagotech.com/product.html#e2w-controller

Thanks, I will see if I can find that torque sensor somewhere... or pinouts.
I see that seller has a bafang torque sensor with a different connector. Have a lovely week and life.

amberwolf said:
GIGATT said:
First, we can read much better if you don't make your posts gigantic. (I removed the giant-size text tags from the quote above)

As for making anything work with a proprietary "secure" system like these, if it didn't come with the original Jump bike system, then you can be pretty sure the Jump bike system doesn't support it.

If it did support it, you'd need the specific kind used on the Jump bike system. Anything else that doesn't match what the system expects, you'd have to reverse engineer what it expects, then build something to convert the signals from what you are trying to use with it to what it expects.

You'd also need whatever was used to activate the system, such as a phone app and bluetooth, and any hardware used for that purpose on the bike, or else reverse engineer the system to find out what activates it and build something to emulate that signal / activation code / etc.

These systems are intended to be difficult or "impossible" to hack or use with anything other than their original parts, so that stealing them is difficult. Makes re-using them difficult or impossible, too, unfortunately.

Thanks for the knowledge and big text heads up. Time for me to figure out how to reverse engineer this I guess. I have no idea where to start at, but I doubt I would mind that skill going forward.

PCB engineer here I come.

Lovely day unto you

Back