Voilamart issue

Revs34

1 µW
Hi. I'm new to this forum, but old to ebikes. I've got an annoying issue with the crappy voilamart 1500w integrated controller kit. It keeps turning itself off. I'm only in the early stages of trying to fix this problem, as I have another bike I use, so have put this on the back burner since the summer last year. I know these kits are pants, but I'd like to get it back out there. I've managed the grand total of just 315miles on this kit before it's decided it's not going to work. I'm well outside my warranty. So contacted the manufacturer for advice. They said maybe change the controller? If someone on this forum has any experience with this problem, and a possible solution to it, I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get before I chuck money at it. Thanks :bigthumb:

Revs34 said:
Hi. I'm new to this forum, but old to ebikes. I've got an annoying issue with the crappy voilamart 1500w integrated controller kit. It keeps turning itself off.
I've managed the grand total of just 315miles on this kit before it's decided it's not going to work.
Welcome to the forum. Need more info.
What's the commute like? Hills, stop and go, riding full throttle, etc.? What are the conditions, and what are the symptoms when it's shutting down (display goes blank, etc.), and how do you get it to turn back on?

Initial guess is heat, since the controller is in the hub. Maybe statorade and hubsinks.

Back