Sabvoton 72150 controller problem

Prof

1 µW
Hello all. I am hoping someone on here may know what the issue is with my lads stealth bomber clone. It has a Sabvoton 72150 controller and occasionally when hitting a bump the bike shuts down. Turning the key off and on would reset it and off it goes usually without issue for the rest of the ride. However, the other day it just cut out after a mile of riding, turning the power off and on didn’t do anything so we had to recover it back home. I took the controller out and couldn’t see any loose or damaged wires, checked all connectors ok. Then whilst scratching my head the green light came on. Refitted and took it for a ride and it did it again. It’s almost like it’s overheating and shutting down but the controller isn’t hot neither is the motor. It’s a 12kw 3.5t motor. There is power from the battery and to the controller. I am thinking a loose component in the controller… any ideas?

To me it sounds like either the controller is going in protect mode or a lose balancing wire in the battery is causing the BMS to cut off power. I'm guessing your Sabvoton doesn't have a display since you mentioned turning off and on a key, if the controller is going into protect mode due to a short or because it detected a crash, it'll throw a error 02H on the display, turning the controller off and on again resets the error and you can continue riding.

I know you said all the wiring and connections look ok but the controller can go into protect mode if for example a male JST SM plug touches the frame and shorts it, causing the controller to go into protect mode. It is possible that something became loose in the controller from vibration however it's very unlikely. If you have a Sabvoton bluetooth dongle, I would connect it to the controller and to your phone then go for a ride until power cut outs, then look at the app and see what error it's throwing, if you lose connection to the dongle then it's something power related.

Back