Bafang hub motor incosistent rmps

GastonRasp

1 µW
Hi All,
I am struggling with Bafang rear hub motor (48V/750W).
Motor runs inconsistent rmps, I tested it with several controllers but all time the same (battery and controllers work well with other bafang motors). Motor on PAS sensor or thumb throttle revs up but in a one or two seconds it "chokes up" and rpms are going down massively, this repeats. I am testing it with no load and no rim, just motor itself.
If I disconnect the speed sensor of the motor and motor revs up and keep running consistently with no "chokes ups".

So I was thinking that the hall sensor for speed is bad, so I change it (regardless based on measurement it was ok) . But with no effect and no change happen.
I changed also all hall sens. for all phases, again with no effect.
I measured the cable harness, the PBC all look good.

I power the PCB with 5V from my laboratory power supply and if I cross with magnet over the hall sens. they work. Whenever I close the engine and try to measure on the motor they seems to be bad (giving no voltage).

Have any you experienced the similar behaviour? Any advice what to try?
thank you
-gr-

GastonRasp said:
Motor on PAS sensor or thumb throttle revs up but in a one or two seconds it "chokes up" and rpms are going down massively, this repeats.

Do the controllers have any type of speed limiting settings that may be coming into play? Can you monitor the power the motor is pulling when you observe this behavior?

I am not able to measure the power (other then to check the display), nevertheless the tests are with no load.
But the point with speed limiter is good one, let me check it

Update:
finally its working it seems to be combination of the hall sensor for speed and wrong setup of the count of poles (which is strange as the other motor, but same made, works fine with no changes)

Back