Stuck bearings on 9C 9x7 motor

cloudy

10 W
I noticed play in the bearings while riding, after some procrastination I've decided to do some maintenance. After removing the side covers from the motor I've found one of the bearings is very stuck on the motor axle (non-drive side). I've had a go at tapping this bearing out, and the outer race has exploded off with a ping. Now, only the inner race is stuck on the axle.

Can anyone suggest the best way to remove the inner race before I reach for the forbidden tools again (file, hammer, grinder, hacksaw)? I have basic tools, but only a headset bearing press which is not much use here. I suspect the axle steel is much softer than the inner race, and I don't want to damage the axle.

Bearing type is 6003-2RZ. I'm guessing it failed due to moisture ingress? Some months ago I drilled a small weep hole in the perimeter of the side cover, and quite a bit of water dripped out from inside. What should I look for in the new bearing for durability in these conditions?

I'll be painting the stator and magnets before re-assembly. I was planning to prime with rust converter (acid), then paint with Engine Enamel Auto paint. This is apparently heat resistant. Any tips are appreciated.

Back