ES is looking for a volunteer moderator

neptronix

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all.

We are looking for a moderator who specializes in dealing with interpersonal issues to work beside me and our other moderators.
Our current moderator team is mostly made up of engineers who are better at handling spam, duplicate posts, off topic posts, etc, and aren't so strong at dealing with 'human conflict'. This gap in our team desperately needs filling.

The ideal candidate:
1) Gives people chances to change their behavior before issuing any punishment - compassion first; ban hammer later.
2) Appreciates vigorous debate but understands that when it crosses into repeated personal attacks, intervention is needed to keep the conversation useful to others.
3) Does not have a strong political, religious, racial, sexual, sexuality, etc. bias of any kind, as our community is very diverse.
4) Does not have commercial conflicts of interest.
5) Is not here to exercise power.. but to help shape a more positive environment for everyone.

Yes, i know i'm asking for a rare bird. But.. it never hurts to ask. Let's hear from you!

I could probably do it, but I'm stretched a little thin, moderating most of the day at the Leaf site. If you don't get a good volunteer, PM me.

I've been a moderator all my working-adult life. It'd be happy to share vi PM, Hangouts, what ever. I'm an IT & Systems Engineer 26+ years. I'm Mr in between all the time.

joel52334 said:
I've been a moderator all my working-adult life. It'd be happy to share vi PM, Hangouts, what ever. I'm an IT & Systems Engineer 26+ years. I'm Mr in between all the time.

Hell of a first post.. can't realistically take you on due to how new you are.

Sorry to the others. I'm being ultra picky here.
I would still like to give anyone willing to fill a role here a role in the future when we have software that allows greater customizations of what permissions we give. Thank you for volunteering and i will keep you in mind for other tasks if you are interested in them.

Back