ES is looking for a SEO expert

neptronix

Administrator
Staff member
Howdy.

When we move to Xenforo, the sky is the limit on what modifications can be made to improve the forum.
One thing i'd like to address is our SEO. Xenforo inherently has very good SEO characteristics, but certainly there is some room left to tune it for optimal results.

If you have a few years of professional experience with SEO and marketing, i need about an hour of your time to help me set up Xenforo's SEO optimally before we launch ES 2.0.

Please raise your hand if you're willing, thank you.

neptronix said:
Please raise your hand if you're willing, thank you.

Unfortunately, SEO is never a "set it and forget it" solution.
Happy to chat, but it will need to be more of a methodology than a technology if high pagerank is what you are after.

M

P.S. did you know that pagerank refers to Larry Page of Google, not web "page"?

Ah, i don't want to get super technical and aim to be absolute #1. But i guarantee you there's going to be some low hanging fruit stuff that i don't see or even think about.

That's mostly what i'd like to focus on, unless Justin wants to pony up for some really extensive SEO work.

Thank you for tentatively volunteering. What's your background?

Switching to Xenforo is a smart choice for your forum, especially for SEO! I did something similar when I started a hobby forum for gardeners. At first, I was a bit lost with all the SEO stuff, but I learned it’s mostly about making sure your forum talks about things people are searching for. Plus, keeping everyone chatting and sharing helps a lot.

One big thing I learned was how useful it is to get your forum's name out there on other websites. I used a service for niche edits links once. They helped put links to my forum in articles on gardening websites. It was like getting a little shout-out from friends online, which helped more people find us.

Last edited:
It turned out to be a great idea ( did result in a google boost ), although at first, an issue with it producing a multi part sitemap file resulted in google wiping ES off it's map :eek:

The fix was to turn off sitemap generation.. and it started recovering in weeks, thankfully.

We could still use some help for improving our SEO BTW. The team that maintains ES has close to zero experience optimizing for SEO.

Back