Memphis area collaboration

slomobile

1 mW
If you have a project relevant to endless-sphere, and it is happening in Memphis or surrounding areas in Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Kentucky, Alabama; please share info in this thread so that it may be discovered by forum searches for this geographical area. Whether you are organizing a meet up, need help, or are offering a resource, let your neighbors know about it.

The Memphis area is home to FedEx, facilities for Brother, Sharp, ThyssenKrupp, Kellogg, Nucor steel, Aluminum extruders, several other major companies and start-ups, incubators, 2 Maker spaces, several robotics teams including Club 901 based in the Benjamin Hooks Public Library, e-bike and e-scooter rental, tech vocational schools, University of Memphis including Herff College of Engineering, a thriving golf cart market, outdoor recreation supported by Bass Pro at the Pyramid, many bike and climbing shops, Shelby Farms recreation area, trail systems, bike clubs, group rides, parks, Wolf/Ghost river, agriculture including its machinery and farmers dedicated to hacking it, proximity to the Mississippi river, rail, trucking infrastructure, vast warehouses, investors, music industry, and plenty more resources.

The "Memphis area" might extend as far as Huntsville, St. Louis, Chattanooga, New Orleans, and points in between reached by a single day of driving.

To get this thread rolling, here is my project happening a bit east of Memphis.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=111818

Hope this isn't a violation of cross posting rules. I thought it would be more appropriate to keep the project in its native forum than move it here.

I'm happy to receive any help on offer. Would appreciate an apprentice willing to lift and learn, or an old pro to have coffee with. I can offer your local projects help with electronics, mechanical, or programming. I can TIG weld aluminum poorly.

So... good coffee, bad welds. I guess that's it.

Back