Need "advisor" for eCub build (paid)

Hey there!

I'm an American living in Vietnam currently. There are tons of cool vintage Cubs here and I'm hoping to convert one to electric. I have a battery builder, bike builder, and dimensions of an optimal battery case. What I'm hoping to find now is an "advisor" or someone with the right experience who can help guide the project and make this eCub as awesome as possible. Here's what I hope that person might do:

- Diagram the battery series/parallel connections for the builder (both a 60v and 72v version of the battery) maximizing space / capacity for the case design.
- Recommend best cells for the project in terms of price & performance.
- Recommend a BMS
- Review the builder's process (I'll send photos or video) to ensure construction/safety standards are met.

For your help, I'd offer $100 (USD), but feel free to counter-offer if you feel that's not fair.

Thanks for checking out my post & hope to hear from you! :bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

If the top speed is not too high, many scooters have been converted to electric with a Quan Shun / QS hubmotor.

The benefit is that its easier to install compared to a chain-drive motor, and the rest of the frame is then free to hold the controller and the large battery.

happy_machine said:
Thanks for your input. I have read through many of the threads here. Lots of good info.

Great, now give me the $100 :mrgreen:

I think it would be a good idea to start your own (pre) build thread in that section (not here) and ask advice in the first post. Just put in the first post all your needs (type of bike, range, speed you'd want) to see what people think.

happy_machine said:
Hey there!

I'm an American living in Vietnam currently. There are tons of cool vintage Cubs here and I'm hoping to convert one to electric. I have a battery builder, bike builder, and dimensions of an optimal battery case. What I'm hoping to find now is an "advisor" or someone with the right experience who can help guide the project and make this eCub as awesome as possible. Here's what I hope that person might do:

- Diagram the battery series/parallel connections for the builder (both a 60v and 72v version of the battery) maximizing space / capacity for the case design.
- Recommend best cells for the project in terms of price & performance.
- Recommend a BMS
- Review the builder's process (I'll send photos or video) to ensure construction/safety standards are met.

For your help, I'd offer $100 (USD), but feel free to counter-offer if you feel that's not fair.

Thanks for checking out my post & hope to hear from you! :bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

Cubs are amazing! Perfect EV candidate. However why go custom? There is already a well-regarded plug-and-play kit for the cub.
https://www.sh-customs.com/shop-kits
Is there a reason you don't want to just use that? It will probably be cheaper than paying other people to build it for you...

Hello there!

I'm hoping to connect with someone who could advise me on a Honda Cub electric conversion project. I have a portion of the budget set aside for this person's efforts. Here's the scope of work with highest priority up top:
  • Designs for custom battery & battery box
  • Advice on best cells for the battery & vendor recommendation
  • Advice and guidance on software & system optimization
  • Answering unknown questions as they come up during the build
A bit of background: I'm an American living in Vietnam. Old Cubs are cheap and easy to procure here, but I'd love an electric version as my daily commuter. I have a local battery builder and assembly guy ready, so the missing piece is the design work & quality control -- which I'm hoping might be someone from this fine community!

Thanks for your time & consideration.

Back