Interested in IT/Web Dev work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neptronix

Administrator
Staff member
As some of you know, i run an IT/Web Dev/server administration business of 1, serving 9 small to mid size businesses currently.

I am currently working on expanding another wing to the business - the software company.
In order to do that, i have rejected new business for a year, and lived on ramen while i wrote code for $0/hr and invest in building some novel tools for small businesses.
Which is a dumb situation to be in :lol: , so...

I would like to offer someone a currently small, but growing portion of my 'service work', and work for me as a contractor initially, with the ultimate goal of turning them into a full-time employee, maybe more.

Work i have on the table:

+ Remote Windows IT support (not much now, but WAY more later).
+ Lots and lots and lots of PHP to write.
+ I could also use a web designer on occasion.

What kind of clients?
Mortgage companies, pro-women orgs, conservative blogs, online schools, software startups, air conditioning companies, recruiting agencies, you name it. They need websites maintained and built, servers up all the time, and their personal computers working. We specialize in a high value/efficiency services that small businesses can afford, because we love small business.

What you get:

+ The ability to work alongside someone with 25 years of experience in this industry.
+ Fair pay relative to what is billed. Most IT shops pay the employee 33% of what they bill the client for. I certainly pay more.
+ Remote work 100% of the time; flexible on hours, load, and timing.
+ Foot in the door to a small company that has huge ambitions.
+ A "boss" who has a 'Theory Y' style of management, which is practiced by companies like Costco.
+ A company environment that rewards and encourages innovation instead of tells you that you must do things X way because we said so. If you have a better way to do things, maybe we should do things your way instead, and reward you for the bright idea.

The business is headquartered in the United States but is open to international applicants, as long as they speak English well, are 'culturally familiar' with the USA, and do good work. If there's a legal way for me to pay you, that's good enough for me :lol:

Let me know if this interests you. I figured i'd post this up here first before i go the more traditional routes.

Well, that position got filled quick.

*sold* until further notice. :)

Actually, i will be looking for another person in 2 months. Why not keep this one rolling.

Looking for less of a generalist and more of a PHP code slinger this time.

If you have at least 5 years of PHP, hit me up. I'm willing to work with you if you need to break the rust off your skillset. i'm also willing to teach a method of writing PHP that is a lot more fun and productive than what you're used to. Say hi, and let's see if we can work something out.

Even with two people now, there is still more work than we have capacity. Opportunity to build some really cool things keeps passing me by, and i would like to give someone part of my pie.

i have coded in PHP for a few years now. mostly based on the codeigniter framework.
Is this a suitable skillset?

regards,

sander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back