E-bike frame for 29inch wheel

Stipendio

1 µW
Hello everyone,
I am wondering if you know anyone who builds e-bike frames and have rear swing arm which can fit 29x2.5 maxxis hookworm tire. I know it is not great to have 29 inch wheel but I will be driving mainly on flat roads with no big elevations. I was planning to build my own frame but I do not have that much time right know so I am looking to buy one.

Attachments

• EB1F0F36-048F-46FE-B3C0-C451BD0B0B68.jpeg
    EB1F0F36-048F-46FE-B3C0-C451BD0B0B68.jpeg
    439.9 KB · Views: 526
29er Ebike FS frames are made for a BB drive. I guess that you will have to build on a bicycle frame. It is not that much work, considering that you can find a good 29er that is fully built, so your only work will be making dropouts, and fitting a battery. If you’d find an ebike specific frame, you would have to find all the components and build it all.

You mentioned swing arm so I'm assuming you were looking for a full suspension frame, a lot of newer bikes Will clear that much tire But mainly the ones with boost spacings that may not be compatible with your rear axle. If you are not dead set on the phone suspension I think they were a couple of Surly Frames that will clear 29 x 2.6 And fit a variety Of axle styles like the karate monkey and krampus

Not sure you got me. I am planning to build bigger e-bike like stealth bomber, qulbix, cyklon.... I will post some pictures of swing arm that is mostly manufactured by everyone who makes e-bike frames (qublix, greyp, cyklon, stealth bomber...). And they are all made to fit 26 inch wheel perfect but with 29 inch wheel there is a bit less space. Diameter of my wheel is 80cm so I can not fit it at back because I do not have that much space. From rear axle I need cca 420mm clearance to fit 29inch wheel. What are the options to make longer dropout to have a few more centimeters? Any suggestions what to do?
--(on pictures red lines and numbers are what I need to fit 29 inch wheel)--

Attachments

• InkedWhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 09.03.57_LI (2).jpg
    InkedWhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 09.03.57_LI (2).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 509
  • InkedWhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 10.53.21_LI.jpg
    InkedWhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 10.53.21_LI.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 509
Got it, you may search extended swing arms for motorcycles and have better luck finding someone who could fabricate based on your specifications. I know of a couple framebuilders for bikes but Mostly guys dealing with round tubing. I would think it would be somewhat easy to modify one for a motorcycle or dirtbike more easily

Stipendio said:
Not sure you got me. I am planning to build bigger e-bike like stealth bomber, qulbix, cyklon....
Not bigger, only heavier.
I mean, 29er MTBs frames are available larger than ebike box frames, and many are much better rides too.

Anyway, it is easy to adapt a box frame for a 29er build. Custom dropouts to make the rear wheel clear, and a 29er fork for the front. The rest of the build is exactly the same.

Back