Welcome to Bicycle mechanical & structural

neptronix

Administrator
Staff member
Howdy. I've created this subforum so you can talk about the non-electrical aspects of bicycle repair, frame building, bike upgrades, etc.

Please use this section in the future to discuss matters of 'acoustic bike' issues. :)

You know, i'm not fixed on the name. Feel free to suggest another.

I like this new subfourm!
I see es is looking for help and I’m glad to see some growth, I don’t want it loose traction to say Facebook, it’s just not for me. I wouldn’t exclude swingarms and forks but I don’t think it needs to be in the title.
I’ve been pondering the Honda grom frame and maybe a single sided swingarm and maybe a diy lefty fork copy for a few years, just don’t have the funds to play just yet. Look at that price! Taiwan made is so the quality is great.

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon/5cf7bf4a87a8660b7c108d83/frame

Attachments

• CE97BC99-269A-4E70-871C-431654ED38CF.jpeg
    CE97BC99-269A-4E70-871C-431654ED38CF.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,136
I expect this forum is intended for all the non-electrical / non-motor parts of the bikes / etc. that we build.

A good way to say that that fits easily in a title, dunno. :/

E-HP said:
So things like fabricating custom drop outs might be a subject here, or is that too ebike specific?

I see how that can be confusing.. it does fit the discussion.

Another name that comes immediately to mind is 'Bicycle mechanical/frame discussion'
What do 'yall think?

ps - thanks to AW for moving some threads into here to get the subforum started. :)

Chalo has been a bicycle mechanic for a long time, and his posts have provided excellent info on brakes, tires, chain, spokes, and other aspects of the common pedal-bike...

Perhaps some of those threads can be moved here?

spinningmagnets said:
Chalo has been a bicycle mechanic for a long time, and his posts have provided excellent info on brakes, tires, chain, spokes, and other aspects of the common pedal-bike...

Can't think of a better place for his posts to live.
..and with this section, they would be more visible, which is good.

I'm very for it!

Few other names off the top of my head..
Bicycle mechanical/frame discussion
Bicycle service and design shop

..intentionally eschewing the 'ebike' part to indicate this is only about mechanical and structural topics.

Or perhaps:
Ebike mechanical & structural

..which fits the naming scheme and hopefully comes off just as clear.

Still wanna hear the community's ideas and feedback so we can set something in stone. :thumb:

spinningmagnets said:

That's part of what I started doing...I just havent reached any of those yet. I started with a search for threads with "frame" in the title, then glanced at them to see if they had to do with anything other than just that stuff, or were build threads, etc., and left any of those alone, just moving ones that seemed to be really about the mechanical stuff. But there's hundreds of just those threads, and I don't really have time/energy to do much at a time, so I likely wont' get very far with this any time soon. (I don't want to jsut do this, and ignore those that have come here for help...whcih is really what I am here to do when I can, so I typicaly do that first and then other stuff when I cant' do that or run out of things i can hwelp with. ).

markz said:
Bicycle Components/Frame/Mechanical/Suspension/Drivetrain (Non ebike stuff)

Way too long. Will wrap to two lines on a mobile device and look very ugly :/

The less and most concise words, the better.

Valid point, I know nothing about programing, Android website versions vs laptop website versions vs desktop versions vs AIO's vs Touch screen vs TV.

Point of this post would be mentioning a name up for consideration.
Bicycle Components Only (Non ebike)

or maybe (Non electrical) but then that could take out Shimano's Di7, whom that one person back in 2002 talked about ;)

Then when you want a name for Ebike Frame (Regular/Enduro) there is another term often used alongside Enduro.

neptronix said:
markz said:
Bicycle Components/Frame/Mechanical/Suspension/Drivetrain (Non ebike stuff)

Way too long. Will wrap to two lines on a mobile device and look very ugly :/

The less and most concise words, the better.

Decided to go with bicycle mechanical & structural since it seems to be the best option of all and makes the most sense.

Back