Seatpost Diameter of Samebike LO26

fladam

1 mW
Hi there

Please help. I have a SAMEBIKE LO26 and I want a dropper seatpost. Does anybody know the offical seatpost diameter for that particular bike. I measured about 31mm but I'm not sure if I measure the inside of the tube or from the outside.

The options for various dropper posts are very slight in diameter but different. Is there a factory specific measurement like 31.6mm for that bike?

Please help so I don't order the wrong size post. Never owned one before.

The original seatpost more than likely has the diameter imprinted on it somewhere below the max height line.

Thanks for all the answers. Turns out that the diameter was 30.4 mm which completely limits the options. Although the 27.9mm posts had some options to using a shim adapter to imcrease the diameter to a more popular compatible size

I just looked up that bike.

If you ride it in any conditions that would actually warrant the use of a dropper post, you'll more than likely break the thing in half. That's a cheap folding bike that is unsuited to anything more challenging than casual tootling around.

61lOSQaNVxL._AC_SY450_.jpg

You're absolutely right. I wanted the dropper post so that I can get on and off the bike easily. It only comes in one size and I'm forever adjusting the post due to my unusual proportions. I really want to use as an office chair set up which I can adjust accordingly, definitely not for hardcore mountain biking. :)

For anyone coming across this thread in the future: it is indeed 30.4 mm in diameter.

Edit: I missed the previous answer that already answered it. Either way, for some reason, whatever seatpost came with it by default was getting loose, it felt like it was a 30.4 post in a 30.8 tube, which turned out to not be the case. It's not suitable when used at or close to its indicated limit. (the white line on the rod).

I bought a 30.4 from aliexpress that's 450 mm long and for now, it seems a lot firmer. I've also bought a 30.8 one thinking that was the size, but it never arrived so I'll never now. That probably wouldn't fit.

Back