Tadpole Recumbent Trike Specific - Wheelset component questions.

HackD

10 W
Please forgive the potential dumbass questions to come - i am limited in knowledge to bicycle related components, but not mechanics.. my forte leans towards motorcycles..

This one is wheelset specific. I am looking to build up an additional set of front wheelsets, compatible with my current Terra trike.

Stats wise, the Terra Trike has Sun 6 bolt caliper hubs, that are 74mm wide hub, with a 20mm axle diameter. They appear to carry 14g spokes.

The intention is to be able to run upwards of 20"x3.0 tires on the front end - although maximal 2.4 is more likely.

This is in the runup to starting a complete, fresh, new build for another eTrike, using the Terra Trike wheel/axle assembly as a pattern of something confirmed to work well.

I have preliminarily found a hub that might work, to my unsophisticated bike parts eye. I'm looking at the 32H option for spoke count.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001056623733.html

I will likely be using a custom fabricated axle mount and steering pivot assembly, in my build.

I've done a sweep of the Recumbent Trikes retail sites, and most of them are sold out of these sort of parts - the rest are asking silly money.

Am i on the right track here, so to speak?

Thanks for any advice given..

Back