Spacer for freewheel on 9c motor

cloudy

10 W
I had to use a spacer shim to attach my 7s freewheel onto my 9c Hub, to allow the freewheel to rotate. I used a 1.5mm wide shim from a cassette as a spacer, the shim works and the freewheel now rotates.

I'm a little concerned that this might cause issues down the track due to increased force/leverage on the hub threads with such a narrow shim. Is it reasonable to use the shim for this purpose? The last thing I want is damage to the threads on my new motor.

The last freewheel I removed needed two people and a 1m steel bar to achieve enough torque, despite having used anti-seize compound on the threads at installation. I've used anti-seize compound again this time, is there anything else that can be done to make future removal easier?

20211021_111521.jpg
20211021_111651.jpg

bottom bracket spacers can be found with the right internal diameter, but wider outer diameter . and varying thickness .

cloudy said:
Thanks for that, I wasn't aware BB spacers would work and be the correct size.

They're not just the same size spacer. They're exactly the same thread-- 1.37" x 24tpi. You could screw your hub into your bottom bracket shell (on the left side of the frame, anyway).

Back