Bafang hd motor greese nipple

sean02ie

1 mW
Hi is it possible to fix grease nipple above large or small drive gears. Seems like good idea.

The enclosed gear box doesn't need alot of grease and what it does need should last a very long time between changes unless it gets alot of overheating. What type of grease you use is the most important thing and I would recommend Corn Head grease. It did alot to quiet down my M620 gears which are similar and also lubricate them against undue wear.

Thanks Big wheel. Take your point. Recently after a YouTube suggestions that bafang should have grease replaced from new, also another saying 1500lms.i had 3200kms after 1 year and worried.
When I opened up cover I was shocked to see how little and dirty lubrication. So I cleaned out the lot and replaced with lots of Shell Aero 22. Next 1500 I'll explore idea of brazing on small grease nipple above main gear. Perhaps it won't be possible. Any comment from others welcome.

Since for best operation you have to clean out the old grease before installing new grease (so you're not contaminating the new grease with whatever's ended up in the old stuff, and potentially keeping grinding-grit/etc in the gearing, effectively doing nothing to prevent wear), the nipple probably doesn't make as much sense as it might seem. ;)

Back