Different project

Rcnut51

10 µW
Hi. This my first post question. I am building an electric powered kids airplane. I want to power it by (2) 36 volt 350 amp scooter wheels, one on each main gear leg but am having problems finding them but can get 48 volt 500 amp wheels. Can I power them with 36 volt batteries ? I am limited to space in the battery compartment of 14in x 14in x14in. Thank you
Gary

Rcnut51 said:
Hi. This my first post question. I am building an electric powered kids airplane. I want to power it by (2) 36 volt 350 amp scooter wheels, one on each main gear leg but am having problems finding them but can get 48 volt 500 amp wheels. Can I power them with 36 volt batteries ? I am limited to space in the battery compartment of 14in x 14in x14in. Thank you
Gary

Yes, but they will run, at most, at 3/4 the speed as at 48V, since unloaded speed will be proportional to the voltage.

Thank you 1 more question can I connect both motors together and run off of 1 controller

Rcnut51 said:
Thank you 1 more question can I connect both motors together and run off of 1 controller

Usually not, if they are brushless motors. You can use one battery and two controllers.

Brushless motors for cycles are three phase AC. They would have to be physically synchronized.

Tricycle land gear? Here is an idea, assuming it is not going to be going very fast:
Make the front wheel a trailing wheeling (like on a shopping cart).
Make the airplane controls a joystick (like and airplane).
Feed a proportional voltage, left vs right, from the joystick to controllers for motors.
Feed a proportional voltage, front vs rear, for the throttle.
That kind of simulates flying a plane.

Back