How to wire throttle directly to hub motor and battery for simplicity riding

Neffheffner

1 µW
Hey can someone tell me how can I ride my gen3 ebike without a display and possibly also bypassing the controller please

If it is a brushless motor you need a controller, and I know that kt controllers can run without a lcd screen other types I don't know.

First, is the bike working correctly and completely right now?

Or is there a specific problem you are having, that is causing you to want to bypass things?

If so, what exactly and specifically is that problem, with the best, most complete description you can provide, including the circumstances that led up to the problem?

What, is your "gen3 ebike"? Brand? Model? Year? All other information about it that you have?

Without specific information on what controller, display, motor, and battery it already has, we can't tell you what can or can't be done with it. So you'll need to tell us all that before we can help.

If you don't know, then if you can provide a link to the website page you purchased it from, it might have enough information for us to at least guess.

If you don't have that either, then at minimum you'll need to take and post some good clear pictures of all markings on the bike itself, on the motor, on the controller, on the battery, and on the display.

All I can tell you with any certainty with the provided information is:

It is highly unlikely that you have a brushed hubmotor, which is the only kind of hubmotor you could use without a controller. So you almost certainly cannot bypass your controller. Even if you could, you don't get a throttle control without the controller, it would only operate full on or full off--as soon as you connect the battery to the brushed motor, the motor spins at full speed, and as soon as you disconnect it, the motor stops providing any power.

Some systems with displays can bypass the display, but doing so leaves the controller working only in the basic power-on mode, usually the very lowest setting. It may not function fully, either, if it depends on the display to provide it with various setting info.

Some systems are specifically designed so they cannot be used separately or with any other parts except what they came with.

Neffheffner said:
Neffheffner said:
Hey can someone tell me how can I ride my gen3 ebike without a display and possibly also bypassing the controller please

Neffheffner said:

Neffheffner said:
Is this the bike?
https://gen3ride.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyMiTBhDKARIsAAJ-9VsOlQi7BRLJNkU7xksUb1zsxCgGpn5VvnbCv_VVzgof0eX5LwvvVYYaArloEALw_wcB

Totally doable, and you don't even need a battery!! :bigthumb:
This video might be helpful, since they go step by step.
https://youtu.be/UOg1hHmGIQQ

I have three brands of displays ...KT, Brainpower, Ebikelings SW900, The controllers can all be jumpered to run w/o a display. I get one level of PAS plus throttle. In fact, my KT controllers ship with a jumper plug to do this,and it fits the other two controllers.

Since all of the designs tend to copy each other, I suspect most controllers with LCD displays can be jumpered. The ones with LED display may need some external voltages. It's not hard to do, but if you do it wrong, you will melt the display cable and blow up the controller.

Back