BMS compatability li-on vs life4po

Silentbutdeadly

100 µW
So here's my question I'm building a 20s 10p 72volt pack and I have a spare 24s lifepo4 BMS laying around. So since my only option is to wait 6 weeks to get a 20s bms I'm considering using the one I have...any thoughts? Now I know all the obvious...it's probably not a good idea just get a li-on bms answers aside... why wouldn't it work if I just cut the last 4 sensing wiresboff the harness and wired it up 20s instead of 24s. It's a DALY programable bms so I can change all the pertinent parameters to match li-on 18650 cells. Anyway who thinks I'm building a tumebomb between my legs doing this?

Assuming you can trust the DALY BMS (there are a few threads and posts about them), and it actually correctly programs what you tell it to (you should test each limit to be sure it actually works as programmed before relying on it), then as long as each limit can be programmed to appropriate voltages for the specific cells you're going to use it with, it's no different than using the same BMS preprogrammed to what you want from the factory.

As for using it with less cells than it was designed for, you must check with the manufacturer to find out which way to wire that specific model for that usage. There are different ways each one does this, and doing it wrong means it either wont' work, or it won't protect your cells.

Back