Hub motor as mid (illegalbike) 6000-12000W / 33-35kg

yellow illegalbike ............................. OK!

IMG_7967.JPG

IMG_7971.JPG

Nice. Looks like that thing really moves. Those steps really gave the suspension a workout. Great design!

Really beautiful work of art!
I noticed you adjusted your brake lever at about 2:30, after laying it down, on the last video.
It reminded me of something I learned riding motorcycles in the mountains with my dad,
that is to loosen the perch clamp till it just barely holds position on the handlebar, so it is less likely to break or bend on impact.
Also makes it easy to adjust your brake levers with your finger tips on the fly.

Awesome , most peoples dream Ebike especially me , you could have been bit more polite pushing past pedestrians with kids in vid tho bro ,we gotta keep up the good name of the e bike massive, bet burning past law took some guts to 8)
Power is nothing without control , and that bike flies :mrgreen: +1 for not over tightening controls think I have saved few brake levers this way when I've not been able keep bike tyre side down lol :thumb:

Nice work on the hub looks very strong , good design like the way sprocket interlocks to hub so power transmitted directly to hub the not on the bolts, 8) prefer the hexagon design sprocket on yellow bike though that is work of art and bike reminds me of a ducati :thumb: really want a chain ring same hexagon design, :mrgreen:

Mr illegal, could you share some details of how you've constructed the main pivot? Looks very tidy, but the bearing axial loading etc?

I've been considering the use of a scooter hub motor for this. They seem to be higher power to weight ratio basically because they can be spun much faster and tend to have wider stators and less useless blumpf in the middle. Your design would allow for a much higher reduction ratio to the rear wheel so... Maybe it could work well?

mxlemming said:
Mr illegal, could you share some details of how you've constructed the main pivot? Looks very tidy, but the bearing axial loading etc?

in the last video I demonstrated the main pivot, maybe it will be useful for you. The motor, frame and swingarm on the same axis are difficult for mass production, the next frames I will design with inrunner motor

illegalbike said:
mxlemming said:

in the last video I demonstrated the main pivot, maybe it will be useful for you. The motor, frame and swingarm on the same axis are difficult for mass production, the next frames I will design with inrunner motor

Unfortunately my Russian isn't great. I watched the whole video to find the bit I think was your explanation but... Didn't really get it. There's no English translation or subtitles on YouTube unfortunately.

Would be cool to see this mass produced. Your plan to sell them? How much?

mxlemming said:
illegalbike said:
mxlemming said:

Unfortunately my Russian isn't great. I watched the whole video to find the bit I think was your explanation but... Didn't really get it. There's no English translation or subtitles on YouTube unfortunately.

Would be cool to see this mass produced. Your plan to sell them? How much?

If you turn on subtitles then click - settings - auto translate - Choose your language

Chambers said:
If you turn on subtitles then click - settings - auto translate - Choose your language

Aah. That isn't an option on my phone. Works on laptop though. Cheers.

Still didn't explain the bearing preload management as far as i could tell from the terrible subtitles but however, nevermind.

Looking great!

Back