Specialized Tricross with Grin Bits & EM3EV Battery

Chopcat

1 mW
Probably not so much a creation and a kit build.. Having had a go at the brompton folding bike kit I was so impressed I set about my TriCross that I had in London for commuting from the station. Here is is when it was new eight years ago in the first pic.

Having I went with similar parts to the bromton with the CA3,Phaserunner combo and a Crystalite M354R with a 700 DM24 rim. All arrived super quick this time and no hassle with customs.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?mode=view&id=254766
The dropouts required a bit of filing and it was all a tight fit in the rear but, in it is. The wheel is slightly offset so I cant get the mudguards on but talking to my local bike shop I we will see if we can true it over a bit.

Riding is a dream, now I have put the cranks on properly aligned with the Sempu bottom bracket. With them out by 90 degrees you get a very weird accelerating and decelerating when pedaling at a constant cadence. MY Sempu wanted to be reversed from the standard CA settings.

Great service also from EM3EV. 52V 14S9P-35E The battery is ballistic and you get such a smile at full throttle. I get 50 miles no problem with fast riding and I am sure with some more conservative settings one might double that. Mind you I am not sure at what level to set the low battery level. More playing will see more efficiency I'm sure.

I also splashed out on the grin lights which make sense to have them on and always powered up with the bike. I also added a GPS tracker charged by the USB out from the battery so I know where it is

All to be thoroughly recommended -

Attachments

• ebike - 1 (1).jpg
    ebike - 1 (1).jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 771
  • ebike - 3.jpg
    ebike - 3.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 771
  • ebike - 4.jpg
    ebike - 4.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 771
  • ebike - 6.jpg
    ebike - 6.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 771
  • ebike - 9.jpg
    ebike - 9.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 771
  • ebike - 11.jpg
    ebike - 11.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 771
  • ebikeZZ - 1.jpg
    ebikeZZ - 1.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 771
That's a pretty capable long distance machine! 35E cells have a minimum cutoff of 2.65 volts, so you could set your LVC to 40 volts if you wanted to get close to max range.

Back