Front hub DT Swiss
Tires: Maxis ardent 29 x 2.40
Fork: Rockshox Pike 29er /150mm
Grin Tech lighting F/R (BRIGHT)

Attachments

• HT1d.jpg
    HT1d.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 1,093
I started this build several months ago and just now finally got the Rohloff in from Germany and the wheels built. Before that I ran it for about 1000 miles with no name wheels and tires.

It all started when I was ordering a complete HT1000 from Frey on Alibaba for my brother. I also purchase a 2nd Frame. I used a Bafang ultra 1000 and removed all of the controller from it. Instead I used the Grin Phase Runner and a 60 volts 28AH battery with 50 amp BMS. After tuning and dialing in this controller in conjunction with the Cycle Analyst V3 I can pull 3350 watts with a fresh charge on the battery.

This Bafang unit was the older style with Hall sensors. The newer Bafang Ultra 10000s can only work in sensor-less mode with the GPR because the newer units do not have hall probes.

The temp sensor in the Bafang Ultra combined with the temperature controlled current roll back of the Grin CAV3 is a great way to get all that power but still keep from burning up the Ultra drive.

For running the Levees on gravel and dirt two-track this bike will run at a steady 38MPH, verified with GPS once temp roll back kicks in after a few miles of full throttle it will still run at 35, just takes a little longer to get there. I really like the temp roll-back because you do not have to be afraid of burnig up your motor, at least not yet! :D

Attachments

• HT1c.jpg
    HT1c.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 1,094
Here are some of the original build photos from a few months ago. You can see where I made a cover for the original battery mounting cut out and installed all the wiring and controller inside the frame.

This build was a lot of fun and made possible only with the knowledge and information that was so kindly shared with me on this site.

Attachments

• HT1i.jpg
    HT1i.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 1,089
  • Ht1h.jpg
    Ht1h.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 1,089
Has anyone coupled that kind of power to a Rohloff before? seems like an awful lot of potential torque. I'm very curious to find out the reliability, I'm on my fifth chain and third cassette with my 1000W setup.
Beautiful Bike BTW

jimmyN said:
Has anyone coupled that kind of power to a Rohloff before? seems like an awful lot of potential torque. I'm very curious to find out the reliability, I'm on my fifth chain and third cassette with my 1000W setup.
Beautiful Bike BTW

The Trefecta bikes run 4kw & 250Nm (184lb.ft) through a Rohloff (though I imagine that torque figure is probably wheel/output, rather than input to the Rohloff). I wonder how the reliability is, too. Maybe they ship the bikes with 10 sets of spare shear pins. :lol:

Interesting link discussing the Rohloff's limits here:
http://www.bentrideronline.com/messageboard/archive/index.php?t-68939.html

Back