Budget Ebike 48v 1000w 30a/h Battery

serxy84

1 µW
I previously built an ebike (48v 1000w 26.4a/h battery). The only downside of that bike was I had V-brakes(which refused to stop) and no suspension at all. Going over rough surfaces was felt severely on my spine lol. So I sold it and purchased this bike you see in the picture a while ago and it was sitting in the shed for a while.
1.jpg

Finally I made up my mind to convert it to an ebike. So I ordered a 48V 30AH monster battery and a 48v 1000w hub motor.

4.jpg

Yesterday I finally put it together. Due to the weight and size of the battery and all the cables etc... I wanted everything hidden. I was going weld a box to carry everything in it but my next door neighbor gave me the box in the picture,I've patched it up and painted it. It is a little too high in height but luckily it fitted the battery completely flat (Perfect fit). I can fit my controller in there hiding all the cables, I can carry my 5A charger in it also some tools for the bike.

3.jpg

10.jpg

Found a rubber to cover the whole where all the cables enter the box.

11.jpg

12.jpg

In order to carry all that weight I had to weld a custom rear rack which I can say is REALLY HEAVY DUTY.

6.jpg

Looking at the bike now I think I will build my own box which will be shorter than the current one but for now this is functional enough.

13.jpg

I took it for a test run yesterday the bike itself is very comfortable due to the dual suspension setup but I need to see if I can harden the rear suspension a little bit since it does seem to bottom out due to the combined weight at the back. The bike reached 50KM/h comfortably and I can say the disc brakes are working good. While I was playing around with the lcd display I came across a "Walk" mode. you just activate it and it goes 10km/h cruise control.

I will be ordering a set of lights from ebay and installing them as well to run off the battery since the controller can operate the lights as well.

The bike itself is heavy, the tyres a knobby. The weight is on top of the back wheel so it doesn't handle like a dream but for someone sensitive it'll be a good weekend fun ride or a daily commuter. I don't know what the expected range will be on that 30A/h battery but I will do a range test very soon and post the numbers here.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 1,162
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,162
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 1,162
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg