Raleigh Route | BBSHD | 14s7p 35E

The number of ebikes one should own is always n+1. And, a bike with no motor on it is just waiting for one. Plus, I needed to build an alternative to my hi-racer bacchetta, which was my cardio ebike for a while. Problem is, the speeds I like to ride at make regular bumps cause a fair amount of lower back pain. I stuffed a decent sized piece of memoryfoam under the seat cover, which helped a bit, plus using bike shorts. But that does not overcome the high risk of urban sidewalk riding, which you really need an upright bike for. So, I slapped this dualsport together, and used some 700x28 tires in place of the stock 700x45.

I can cruise at 26-29mph on PAS level 6 (on 0-9 scale) , while keeping a 90-95 rpm cadence on my 16T rear cog. Using pas 6 the whole time including some short but steep hills, and keeping my cadence up, I can get 50-55 mi to 3.5v resting. Not bad for 900 wh, at a decent +25 mph speed. Plus, in order to keep a steady 95 rpm, I probably add 50-70 watts. I also noticed these WTB Thick Slick tires are very quiet, and ride comfortable at 85-90 psi. Top speed on the flats is around 37-38mph. The bike feels about 70 lbs. Cassette is a 13-32 7spd , with 52T front chainring.

After riding all kinds of ebikes, this one is my favorite. It has all of the best features (that I like the best), and includes a workout. This is also my 9th ebike conversion using my own stuff. I have 10 bikes, 6 motors, and 2 batteries, with 4 of them working, and where 3 bikes share the same battery. My second ebike was a 100lb beast with an edge 1500 6T , a 24s11p of GA cells , and an 18 fet pushing 50/180 batt/phase. I also carried an 1800w charger with me if that wasn't enough. Lol. An ultralight motorcycle is overkill, and I needed 12,000 miles to get it out of my system. A lighter, stealthy PAS mid drive bike is where it's at. Once my 12 amp fast charger arrives, I can go on longer rides in the 70-80 mile range. But first, I'll need to do more of these 50 milers to 'train' , lol. Hahahha.

TzBGlbZ.jpg

6LZU91U.jpg

m9tWQpF.jpg

DIXFFp1.jpg

rqZT5Hx.jpg

cfXOmG9.jpg

rRqZGSI.jpg

Very nice build, clean, purposeful, and well laid out. Thanks for posting.

In case the OP doesn't see this to respond, it looks like a battery case with "EM3EV" printed on the side. :wink: They have a web presence. Generally well regarded battery maker.

Back