scorpion fx

goatman

10 MW
I bought this bike for commuting in the rain/cold, 20 inch tires rear suspension.
mxus xf40 DD
ca3
phaserunner
2-14s4p 25r in parallel
2- 2 person tents
im still playing with the canopy but it does the job at keeping me dry and the cold wind away. adam333 and his kmx trike here on ES is where I got the idea of using the tents

[img
W5WCEKl.jpg
][/img]

ill post more pics later but I have a hitch on this bike for a bob trailer. ive found that when im using the trailer it costs me atleast 10 percent of my range.

hitch for bob yak trailer. this is the bracket I was playing with, its made from 3/16 aluminum angle. I was trying to keep the bob nutz as high as possible and as close to the axle as I could without the rear rack hitting the trailer. the rack is bolted to the frame independent of the swing arm. now im going to make that out of solid aluminum as a clamping torque plate hitch

j8cyMSX.jpg

I bumped my battery to 17s and wanted to see how the motor handled the voltage. no problems with the motor at that voltage. I couldn't do a topspeed run, it was windy and my windshield was bowing inward at 50km/h so I backed off.
I think with 2 of these batteries ill have about 100km no pedal range.

b6WI16x.jpg

riqcGPs.jpg

W294Vnw.jpg

I need to get a different battery box. this one is 14w x13d, I cant really pedal without the legs hitting it but a dewalt 1/4inch impact driver case is about 16w x11d wich will fit the batteries and clear my legs

jmnNPbQ.jpg

I used 1/2 inch pex 90's and tees to put the tent poles together, nothings glued and the plexiglass is ziptied on.

I used 2 plastic hooks with the bungey chord to keep the canopy secured to the nose cone.

nYXtHh2.jpg

3uQ1rOo.jpg

W6SmVo6.jpg

6MdQcan.jpg

I plasti dipped the sides of the battery and the battery wasn't any hotter than my other batteries, it was actually cooler. I need to change the wiring so I wanted to see what kind of mess the plasti dip caused. none, it peels right back

71ZGHae.jpg

looks like I have some fixing to do. the tent I used had 1/4 inch fiberglass tent poles. the wet snow broke them I guess. ill try to find some 3/8 fiberglass poles since the smaller pole is only good to about 50km/h

H5FlAgr.jpg

the roads were a mess today, snow, slush and flooded roads

qOMHJZD.jpg

4qeq6p6.jpg

GItZtLM.jpg

XNXx7VK.jpg

the last pic is the phaserunner, I had to take the fender off to fit the fender 2 days ago and hadn't had a chance to make one. that phaserunner got pelted with water and slush non stop without any issue, impressive. so make a fender tonight.

trikes been running great, switched front tires to maxxis holy roller 20x2.20 at 25psi. share some pics of the ride to work today. 39km to work from Surrey to Richmond.
wider battery box fits 2- 17s4p of 25r
O8MWiEw.jpg

pannier bags with my gear and charger

view from where I live
nVQipdN.jpg

king George hwy bike lanes
nXOfaKe.jpg

Alex Fraser bridge over the Fraser River
1l1RNL2.jpg

VV6OWOA.jpg

looking up the fraser, new Westminster to the left, Pitt Lake would be out by the mountains
sMOwDci.jpg

Annacis Island
DwMvhsx.jpg

wild life
nQiQjEO.jpg

Westminster hwy heading for Richmond
CeHNXt4.jpg

10 minute train delay
AWLX9rV.jpg

LaFarge Cement out in thr farm land
Da33Vsw.jpg

wheres all the bikes?
TiJRCgt.jpg

north shore mountains
cXtUUar.jpg

farmers farming
A0zkJv8.jpg

frign path got tight
tldnmrF.jpg

almost there
EwfxdNX.jpg

Juicing up from the neighbours
tY78j0O.jpg

let it charge for 1.5hrs@ 5 amp charge
7X5OyJ7.jpg

used 7volts to go 39km
jBnTdjO.jpg

no planes in the sky above Vancouver International Airport
vYtrOz5.jpg

took a scenic route on the way home
ZaI20Wa.jpg

got a glitch on the ca3, kms are off should've been about 78km and top speed is usually 65km/h not 654?
cnSod83.jpg

8qj2Mc1.jpg

sometimes I pull a trailer, I can fit a Milwaukee grease gun perfectly in the bob-yak and a dewalt 079lr in it no problem, just need the grease gun today

SIprcjZ.jpg

was doing 60 and heard a noise, trailer had a flat

tqVWgYW.jpg

I pumped it up hoping id make it to work but nope had to stop by scott rd skytrain and fix it.

u2hNDkv.jpg

I use the cover from a tent to keep the rain, sun and dust off

0TMuuci.jpg

I didn't take pics last night of trip but I think I was at 61v, I just grabbed another battery to turn on trike for trip display

zYWeOG8.jpg

Vvgd4b8.jpg

the forecast was 1mm of rain through out the day. it only takes 2 minutes to put the "rain gear" on the trike
yDOEnAX.jpg

glad I did it was raining pretty good on the way home, my shoulders are the only part that gets a little damp and my right hand.
0NBc71P.jpg

Nice ride!

We've got a pair of Scorpion FS26's with MAC power. Getting to the time of year that we either have to ride in the evening or early morning at sunrise.

A few pics on this page:
http://www.triketech.com/Drivetrain/PowerAssist/HPV-MAC-V2.html

Triketech said:
Nice ride!

We've got a pair of Scorpion FS26's with MAC power. Getting to the time of year that we either have to ride in the evening or early morning at sunrise.

A few pics on this page:
http://www.triketech.com/Drivetrain/PowerAssist/HPV-MAC-V2.html

im envious :D i wanted to put a 26 inch rear on this trike so contacted HPV about buying your trikes rear triangle, they said dont. i see you run the phaserunner :thumb: and MAC. i havent enabled the regen on the trike because I didn't want to stress the rear pivot/suspension point. it gets lots of attention, on Friday it was sunny and a guy rolled down his window at a light and asked how fast? I said 65 if I wear a speedo :lol:

goatman said:
i like skrohod, not too sure what he thinks of me and markz though

I haven't bothered with reading what you post there. Are you trolling him? Just because you're not as bad as some others doesn't mean it's not bad.

Dauntless said:
goatman said:
i like skrohod, not too sure what he thinks of me and markz though

I haven't bothered with reading what you post there. Are you trolling him? Just because you're not as bad as some others doesn't mean it's not bad.
no im not trolling him, cmon :) but I did send him what I thought was a funny youtube clip about a Russian gold miner but i think he thought i was serious. oh well. but im going to leave my humour out of his thread for now.

I bought some tires, I got a shinko 214 sr 16x2.25 moped tire but it was too big in diameter to fit the rear triangle.

I got 3 Atlas Fiction Night Moves 20x2.30 tires with yellow 3m reflective from Chain Reaction Cycles in the UK

kQaBQdG.jpg

IzDWRr7.jpg

still on the factory rims

4u2iue3.jpg

I put a moped 16x2.50 tube in the rear and bicycle tubes up front, these tires are nice, theyre fast and absolutely silent, sidewalls aren't thick but theyre strong. theyre not the thickest tire were the tread is but theyre nice and light, going to keep looking for a rear tire, there is room to fit a 20x2.50 in the rear be nice to find a slick with a 1/4 inch of rubber or more,

Back