Norco Atomik with BBSHD

PRW

100 kW
At long last I got around to finishing this build - a 2005/2006 Norco Aline/ Atomik, with a battery box cut and welded by Samd. Battery is 52v 21ah 14s battery, BBSHD. Boxxer World Cup forks, Fox rear shock, Lekkie bling ring.

Test ride this morning - bike is really lightweight, very smooth. The rear suspension on the bike is very impressive. Next up, dropper post.
Norco1.jpg
Norco2.jpg
norco3.jpg

I really like the old framed bikes, like the Sinister R9 build. im really tempted to do a bbshd. my last build is so ass heavy 43lb at the rear wheel and 28lb on the front. whats the bike weight?

those norcos, theyre popular here in Vancouver, but I think theyre called Norco shore or vps. I saw 1 of those frames with a lower what looked like a flat bar and another that didn't. did you have to cut that bar out to fit the battery box and did you weld the box to the frame?

Nice build! I have a 2005 Norco Atomik as-well! Did you need any BB adapters/spacers for the BBSHD/chainring or any special mods other than the battery? Thanks

so, I was looking at selling this - just too many bikes, not enough time.

One potential buyer pointed out that the head angle looked very steep - I hadn't really noticed, as it is ridden as a street/ trail bike, not downhill

I measured the angle, it is 68 degrees. The frame hasn't changed overall, so I am not sure how it is as far out as the original design head angle of 65 degrees. The fork is a Rockshox Boxxer World Cup Solo Air 200mm 26, as against the original Marzocchi 888 RCV 200mm 26. Shock is a Fox VanR 8.75" vs original Fox DHX-3 9.5" (I assume a shorter shock would make it slacker?)

Before I go down the 29er front, angle-adjust headset, longer fork... is there anything apparent that is wrong?
shock2.jpg
shock1.jpg
shock3.jpg
forks.jpg
fork2.jpg

PRW said:
so, I was looking at selling this - just too many bikes, not enough time.

One potential buyer pointed out that the head angle looked very steep - I hadn't really noticed, as it is ridden as a street/ trail bike, not downhill

I measured the angle, it is 70 degrees. The frame hasn't changed overall, so I am not sure how it is as far out as the original design head angle of 64 degrees. The fork is a Rockshox Boxxer World Cup Solo Air 200mm 26, as against the original Marzocchi 888 RCV 200mm 26. Shock is a Fox VanR 8.75" vs original Fox DHX-3 9.5" (I assume a shorter shock would make it slacker?)

Before I go down the 29er front, angle-adjust headset, longer fork... is there anything apparent that is wrong?
shock2.jpg
shock1.jpg
shock3.jpg
forks.jpg
fork2.jpg

See if you can flip this chip. It will get you the effect you are looking for.

file.php

Also, if you got it used the bike might already have an angleset.

excellent - as in like this? It doesn't cause too much stress?
Inkedchip_LI small.jpg

re the angleset - I just bought the frame, so it doesn't have one - but I will change the chip as suggested first, thanks for the help!

PRW said:
excellent - as in like this? It doesn't cause too much stress?
Inkedchip_LI small.jpg

re the angleset - I just bought the frame, so it doesn't have one - but I will change the chip as suggested first, thanks for the help!

Yea, like that. When searching for your frame, it looks like on some bikes there are an extra set of holes right above them. And somebikes have it shoved right into that crevice, presumably occupying those holes.

Nice built! I planning similar with a norco launch frame. The 68mm BBshd clear the chainstay or you use a 100mm kit ? Thanks

Back