My new Cab Motor Works Recon

EEB frame with QS273 motor?
What specs (batt. pack, controller, etc.)?
And why is the rear disk brake larger than the front while it should have regen braking...?

Hey sorry for the late reply! I’m completely new to the whole ebike experience and just wanted to say Hi to everyone! I come from a motocross background and let me tell you, this beast should not have pedals lmfaoo!!!!

As to specs on the bike it’s a 20 kW Sine Wave System, battery is 72v 63ah 4500wh, it does have regen braking system produces 4kw in power.. anything else you’d like to know by all means I’m all ears! Absoulty loving this bike, top speed so far 59.8 but it’s the torque I’m in love with, monster out of the hole...

I’m not sure but bike feels great, taken it to a local buddy’s motocross track and did great, balance is great, agile, to me feels great and I race 450’s so to me the bike performed well! I opted for the bigger battery for the distance, could have went have the size but it’s nice peace if mine when on a long haul lol..

bakaneko said:
4.5kwH in that small frame compartment?! what chemistry is that

I fit a 21s24p pack of 29E cells in an EEB frame, total 5.5kwh. Bit much honestly, just crazy heavy and 29E doesn't even have good power. Took ages to tab-weld the pack and it was a total loss after a car hit me... they turned left without looking for traffic. Now I've got a 21s 14p pack of 30Q's in a Qulbix 140, better power, less weight, room to spare for accessories, still could go >100 miles in a day if I liked.

Bike looks great. I’ve never seen that seat before....I’m think this is the best looking one so far. Where did you purchase it? What’s your all up weight? Also like the raised bars. I retro fitted my forks with direct mount stem and used 6” rise bars.....yours looks better.

Consider making a video next time at the track.....if you race 450’s you’ll show what I’ve said for years. My bike weighs in around 125 lbs which some consider heavy but coming from a DRZ400 it’s a featherweight! I have basically the same bike with a 205 motor and 20s15p 30Q.

Super cool!

Tom

I purchased the bike from Cab MotorWorks and the seat comes stock on this model, it’s their motocross seat! Thank you for all the kind words, I’m loving this bike! I’m in New Jersey so a little cold rite now but still taking it out whenever I get the chance. I will for sure take video next time I’m out and about, waiting to get GoPro hero 8 so should be able to get some nice video! There’s also a single track called 6 mile run not that far from me so gonna check that out as well.. bike is still lighter then a 450 and 250.. not sure exact weight but around 160lbs I’d say! But you can YouTube videos of the bike in the dyno and tell me what you think.. IT sounds like your bike is pretty badass too!

Anyone have any thoughts on how CAB Motorworks has been to deal with as far as support and repairs? There are some complaints and accusations of bad review cover ups going on.

Purchased Recon in October 21 have only had one issue where a weld broke on a hold down clip on the battery box contacted Chris and had the replacement piece in less than a week and was easy to fix.The only issue I’ve had is getting phone calls returned for various questions because they don’t have an owners manual yet for recon but Chris said they were working on one. The bike is a blast to ride and is extremely powerful,still trying to figure out how the regen works and having a hard time getting information about it from Chris, minor issue imho.

I wanted to provide my experience with CAB Recon. I purchased the Recon with 63AH battery & headlight kit in 2021, and I've had a terrible experience with the bike on so many levels. First of all, the $12k bike is made from cheap chinese-made Alibaba components. The steel frame is not sturdy and flexes and creaks quite a bit under normal usage conditions (and this thing is 120lbs and goes 60MPH! unsafe!). Also, the electronics of the bike are POORLY ENGINEERED! The BAC8000 controller is mounted under the seat in such a way that there is ZERO heat transfer to cool it down. The metal cooling plate of the BAC is sandwiched between a foam seat and a FDM 3D-printed box such that it is perfectly insulated from any airflow. In fact, I burnt up my controller and it was totally ruined from overheating. CAB motorworks did replace the controller free-of-charge, but denied the poor design and claimed a manufacturing defect on the BAC. I had to buy a heat sink and redesign the controller mount to properly design the bike.

Another problem: my Recon came with a pinched tube in the rear tire, which I had to replace. Then, my rear rim was not TRUE, and spokes started SNAPPING OFF at the hub. So I had to buy a new RIM & SPOKES, and REBUILD my rear wheel at the cost of $500 and 4+ hours of my time. (this is a $12000 bike!)

The disc breaks are poor quality and squeak like crazy. They are barely strong enough to slow the bike down.

CABs policy is NO RETURNS. Once you buy the bike ITS YOURS!

My HUB motor OVERHEATS all the time, and the battery is WAY TOO BIG to actually be useful considering the low duty cycle of the controller and motor. I'm honestly scared that this bike is going to spontaneously combust in my garage and burn my house down. But there is no way I can resell it for even a fraction of what I paid for it.

You can buy an entire stealth bomber bike (identical frame & motor) for $2k from alibaba. Or you can buy a Zero FRS for ~$13k and get a real electric motorcycle, not some janky homemade one under the guise of a professional company. Or buy a sur ron which would be more reliable than this RECON junk.

Also, this bike is illegal everywhere in public spaces, and has no serial number, so you can't legally register it or have any route to legally riding it on the street.

Please reconsider buying anything from CAB motorworks, and they are hiding bad reviews as well. There are multiple instances of bad reviews being hidden on other forums, youtube, etc.

Back