24" Electric BMX Cruiser

n0frens

1 µW
https://imgur.com/gallery/kCMFICQ

Hello! Couldn't figure out how to upload images on here so i included a link of the photos i was hoping to share, my bad. Here's my attempt at a discrete commuter/fun build for a ~10mi daily ride and weekend cruising through a variety of urban terrains. I
Loved reading and learning about everyone's projects over the months that ultimately inspired me to try my own. So much knowledge (with pictures!) in this forum and I just wanted to say thanks. Hopefully this will be helpful to anyone else aiming for something similar.

Components (USD):
A) $465-750w BBS02(aliexpress-greenergy electric bike store)
B) $300-Bicycle (citygrounds)
C) $230-48v 18ah Battery (mercari)
D) $175-Wheels (eriksbikeshop)
E) $98-46t Lekkie Bling Ring (electrifybike)
F) $35-American Style Eccentric BB to BSA adaptor (lunacycle)
-I forget if posting prices/sources is ok here but I find it helpful. pls remove or notify me if not allowed, ty.

a) 48V 750W BAFANG BBS02 w/ 500c display. Went with mid-drive over hub to keep the weight centered and for aesthetic. Came with standard components & accessories typically included with the unit. Ordered from Ali due to good reviews and shipping from within the states, only took about a week and a half. Only thing I decided to upgrade was the display. My hopes were to make this build as discreet as possible and the 500c fit the bill perfectly: Bright color display, simple to use, and tiny.

b) 2019 Schwinn SX1000 24" BMX Cruiser. Imma keep it real with you, Chief, I just think BMXs look dope. I had an old 24" cruiser that was an absolute blast to cruise around on, and it could take a beating, so I figured it could only get better if that experience was motorized (I was right). Steel frame/fork paired with thicc tires. Compact yet big enough to accommodate my 6' self comfortably. Bicycle weight with motor & batteries attached: ~46lbs.

c) 48v 18ah battery I stumbled across on Mercari. I took a gamble on this battery but the price was right, shipping was from within the states, and what's life without a little risk? Battery works/charges great though, so yeah. still keeping an eye on it though.

d) I decided on double walled wheels. I don't trust these stock ones on the roads around here but they'll make do for the time being. I ordered some white 24 Skyway mags but they haven't arrived yet, understandably. Will update when they do.

e) 46 tooth Lekkie chainring used for moving the chainline closer to the freewheel. The 44t included with the bbs02 caused too many derailment issues over bumps and felt crunchy. The Lekkie looks/feels better and is probably lighter than stock too, a must have! I chose 46 tooth because I had the space for it and wanted a bit more speed. 16t freewheel in the back.

f) THE most important part of this bike, imo. I'm sure you /could find another way to mount the bbs02 on your American bottom bracket but "this is the way". Just pops in and your good to go.

There's still a couple things I need to clean up but she's fully operational. Hopefully I'll remember to post updates as I add/replace things. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy.

nice, what kind of top speed?
Imgur, when you go to upload your pictures it gives you the option to resize the image for message boards before uploading to imgur. select resize and upload. once uploaded if youre here on es, just have imgur open on another tab. go to imgur click your image and to the right youll see a bunch of buttons/links click on the message board one then click copy, then come back to your thread here and paste it. its not hard to do once you do it

goatman said:
nice, what kind of top speed?
Imgur, when you go to upload your pictures it gives you the option to resize the image for message boards before uploading to imgur. select resize and upload. once uploaded if youre here on es, just have imgur open on another tab. go to imgur click your image and to the right youll see a bunch of buttons/links click on the message board one then click copy, then come back to your thread here and paste it. its not hard to do once you do it
Thanks! I've gotten around 26mph on flats using throttle only. Not sure if the speedometer is reading accurately though as I've only managed to take the bike out a few times with the quarantine and all.
And thanks for the advice on imgur but I can't even figure out how to post something privately on there, haha. Seems i keep spamming the same images trying to figure out how to make them private, ugh im getting old.

Back