bitDad

100 mW
Ver 1.0 COMPLETED:
https://youtu.be/-DgfW1T4MrM

Ver 2.0 update soon...

[youtube]-DgfW1T4MrM[/youtube]

I got this one since the outbreak of covid in my country 6 months ago
goodiy ebike conversion.jpg

It's been lying there for quite a while, so I'm going to pull it out today and do something useful :lol: :lol:

Li-ion 21700 "tesla model 3" 4800mAh battery, I am not sure if it is genuine but tested to full capacity.
21700 li-ion battery.jpg

3d print bracket. 14s5p config (58.8V - 24Ah ~ 1,4kWh) suitable for 1500w~2000w controller
goodiy 3d print 21700 bracket.jpg

Ooo this looks promising! How much $ did you give per cell for the 2170's?

Also, nice (looks like) Ender 3!

dequinox said:

thank you, it cost me about 2$ per cell

and It's a cheap Anet 3d printer :mrgreen:

Oh cool, the Anets are decent enough for the money.

Where'd you get 2170's for $2 per cell?? Who manufactured those, are they panasonic or a cheaper clone?

bitDad said:
dequinox said:

thank you, it cost me about 2$ per cell

and It's a cheap Anet 3d printer :mrgreen:

dequinox said:
Oh cool, the Anets are decent enough for the money.

Where'd you get 2170's for $2 per cell?? Who manufactured those, are they panasonic or a cheaper clone?

Sure it's from Tesla's old battery pack, I got from a Taobao seller. Tested with true capacity

I wish have more free times

my spot welder with balancing pen :bolt:
spot welder.jpg

ready to spark :twisted: :twisted:
14s5p 21700 battery pack - topview.jpg
14s5p 21700 battery pack.jpg

Very cool! I have looked at salvage packs, but haven't had the gall to purchase one. Good luck with the welding!

Fat tires AND full suspension should be pretty comfy! Please add a serial connection between all 5 cells instead of just 2. If your aim is to pull say 20 amps from that pack, right now each of the two serial strips needs to handle 10 amps! If you put all 5 serial strips in between every cell, each strip will only need to handle 4 amps, which is do-able.

Here's one I built as an example:

ACtC-3cx070JeQvuE2jBVaJjVlhX3mA4Gz0Td7vbUwv3E3yu5ODZLzzX7oExcKOvz6z27e2e_EkcZnp0J5xuF5CWzjtzXQJ4ZwTW46JxURse3kNsw3MY_08qEjldRjAmRPIw27DJlvJtOFVtITW4mvFzBKdT=w3300-h1857-no

thundercamel said:
Here's one I built as an example:
Thats the kind of pack I'm going to need to build inside my wooden box on my RBF cruiser. The shape is going to be very similar, so thanks for the inspiration on that one! Also thanks for that tip on the connections. Now I just need to buy or build a welder...

Here is the original "more pure" shape I designed first, but then had to modify a bit for clearances. Here is the Malectrics spot welder that I've been using with no problems. Was recommended to me by ES member flippy. My build thread linked below has more pics and info. It's definitely rewarding to build your own pack to the exact shape you need!

ACtC-3c3L9N41TOgUGzPn4N3-1HMelHiGQZ5nXjiav2isImOp6LVOKWAl9aZXXB6OUdROBZ_lur87nJ9-eO8IWYzVwm_14mYmdwdwFpbGVTbME4kTXfxwrrNVvAWnMUYEClw9jdtPx4WekpxCL4aYDCYHoVD=w3300-h1833-no

Thank you very much !!!
I fixed and added a copper wire between 7s and 7s bridge for high current load

fixed and add new components (3).jpg

arranging components for measure 3d print holder
fixed and add new components (2).jpg
fixed and add new components (1).jpg

Great! That copper bridge looks very similar to what I did on the top right of this picture. In the future, you may want to use paper circles on the positive ends for an extra layer of insulation, and solder in between the cells to keep heat away from them. Going to be ready to ride soon?

ACtC-3e50uWM5s0069pSmlh9DKbU1QRJESD_vmgOQRf27akez023wMPaMh3P0dluclc3oVs5OcjMk-gKhPXdBev4xrRC9OqJ9BsLN_fJK_c487TE3YQmWTUvVPxhkrnNRPAkVxixGY0wAHNwklxY4QMgI4p1=w1061-h1884-no

thundercamel said:
Great! That copper bridge looks very similar to what I did on the top right of this picture. In the future, you may want to use paper circles on the positive ends for an extra layer of insulation, and solder in between the cells to keep heat away from them. Going to be ready to ride soon?
Nice!
Sorry for a slow process :lowbatt:

Now the battery done 99%
[youtube]dxkgh6JvGJs[/youtube]

Awesome battery project, and truly inspirational! :thumb:

When the time comes, I'm going to borrow all your tricks and build a similar pack for myself,.. thanks for sharing all
the info and ideas!

One question I have on the Daly BMS your using,.. a tried and true unit? I've seen it around and was curious. Sorry for
being lazy, I really need to research BMS offerings a lot more yet.

Cool project. Where did you get the DD laced into a 20" fat rim ? I Never found a vendor that could/would do it...

APL said:
Awesome battery project, and truly inspirational! :thumb:

When the time comes, I'm going to borrow all your tricks and build a similar pack for myself,.. thanks for sharing all
the info and ideas!

One question I have on the Daly BMS your using,.. a tried and true unit? I've seen it around and was curious. Sorry for
being lazy, I really need to research BMS offerings a lot more yet.

:bigthumb:
Sure I will share all files & tricks when completed.
DALY is a good bms

qwerkus said:
Cool project. Where did you get the DD laced into a 20" fat rim ? I Never found a vendor that could/would do it...
I got this kit from an Alibaba seller
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/48V-1500w-Fat-Tire-electric-bike_60557813826.html?spm=a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.48c22fc2LtEfdw
I'm thinking they need to pay me some commission instead of taking me 199$ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

qwerkus said:
I got this kit from an Alibaba seller
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/48V-1500w-Fat-Tire-electric-bike_60557813826.html?spm=a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.48c22fc2LtEfdw
I'm thinking they need to pay me some commission instead of taking me 199$ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
[/quote]

Looooool - that's one of the dude the wrote me about a year ago they couldn't do it...

Back