1 µW
kA9gmMq.jpg

WbQZfhi.jpg

x2 12 volt 7 ah sealed lead acid batteries : $70
x1 L - faster 450 watt brushed motor kit : $213
x1 walmart bike : $248
misc connectors : $20 - $30
true cost with price of tools : $850 cad

I know nothing about that kind of motor installation, so how does it perform for you?...power, speed, etc.? Only other question is on the bike. Do you know if the rims are single or double walled, and what gauge are the spokes? Being new to the ebike deal, I'm being constantly amazed at the various types and designs of the motor drives available out there.

Amps produce the majority of motor heat, and these motors have run well at 36V. You would have to buy a brushed controller to convert to 36V, along with a 36V battery.

You may notice that the SLA batteries will start losing range at a noticeable rate. I would begin saving up for a 36V controller and 36V lithium battery.

A common 10Ah 36V pack would provide over double the range, and also a more even power level, compared to 7-Ah SLA starting to sag after only a short distance.

TNC said:
I know nothing about that kind of motor installation, so how does it perform for you?...power, speed, etc.? Only other question is on the bike. Do you know if the rims are single or double walled, and what gauge are the spokes? Being new to the ebike deal, I'm being constantly amazed at the various types and designs of the motor drives available out there.

i'm happy with the 24 volt kit i purchased. I'm not going across down just a 4 blocks to the grocery store and it performs very well for that. Its slow but quicker than i can pedal and I haven't had any problems climbing hills. I believe its single rimmed and the gauge of the spokes is probably 12 but i honestly don't know. Overall very happy with this kit.

spinningmagnets said:
Amps produce the majority of motor heat, and these motors have run well at 36V. You would have to buy a brushed controller to convert to 36V, along with a 36V battery.

You may notice that the SLA batteries will start losing range at a noticeable rate. I would begin saving up for a 36V controller and 36V lithium battery.

A common 10Ah 36V pack would provide over double the range, and also a more even power level, compared to 7-Ah SLA starting to sag after only a short distance.

its got a 15 -20 km distance which is perfectly fine with what im using it for. The problem with lithium packs in Canada is they're being bought up making them extremely rare and hard to ship. It costs $500 to ship form the us and $200 to ship from china but good luck getting it within 2 months.

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y-RHYQri8SU[/youtube]

paplNvl.jpeg

tdq1Ez9.jpeg

Not sure if this is gonna work . Sorry about the heavy breathing just did a 10 km trek up hill. Turns out I can zip up the bag so that was my biggest worry.

Back