what to do with the wires?

bobc186

1 µW
hi...i’m on the home stretch of my first build...a bafang 500 watt front hub conversion kit for a 27.5 wheel, 48 volt battery with the dcp18 display.....it’s installed on my specialized roll, low entry bike , which i purchased last year in a lime green, reflective paint....i installed  the battery on my rear rack  and the speed  control on the down tube, which holds the seat post.....i had to change out the shifter/brake units, to install the brakes supplied with the conversion kit....i also changed over to shimano grip shifters...which gave me more room on the handle bars.....i’ve ordered a handlebar extender, because i want to mount a topeak front handlebar bag...which i’ll mount to the handlebars and then mount my display on the extender and possibly a bell.....all i can say is thank goodness for you tube and the instructional videos...

so here’s my question....i’m looking to not use zip ties to secure the wires on the frame...i’ve looked on amazon at various self adhesive cable clips...but haven’t decided on one yet...i would be very interested to see what you are using to secure the wires to the frame....and how you routed your wires.....i’m mild OCD and like things really neat...when i’m finished i will take some pics and post them.... thank for looking.....Bob 

Velcro cable straps are my go-to. Tidy and both easily removable and reusable.

bobc186 said:
so here’s my question....i’m looking to not use zip ties to secure the wires on the frame...i’ve looked on amazon at various self adhesive cable clips...but haven’t decided on one yet...i would be very interested to see what you are using to secure the wires to the frame....and how you routed your wires.....i’m mild OCD and like things really neat...when i’m finished i will take some pics and post them.... thank for looking.....Bob 

How about hot glue?

The best solution by far is to use silicone SyrVet tape. It's cheap, comes in many colors, sticks to itself, kind of waterproof and reusable. Hides the wires well too. Black tape on a black frame will make the wires disappear.

https://www.horse.com/item/syrvet-syrflex-bandage/SLT181151/

You can buy it in 1" or2" widths but I just buy the 6" wide stuff and cut it into what width needed.

Attachments

• 2021-06-12 13_19_30-Photo - Google Photos.png
    2021-06-12 13_19_30-Photo - Google Photos.png
    612.1 KB · Views: 386
I am a big fan of these, they have a flexible aluminum shell that will contour & adhere to pretty much anything

F5BC88AD-25FB-45FA-BB20-A1618C115857.jpeg

I liked forum member geosped's method of folding over slack wires and compressing them in a length of heatshrink tubing:

file.php

From this thread:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=112193

Chalo said:
How I'm reading this is you have a homebuilt e-bike but don't want to see wires, nor secure them in an expedient and easy to service way.

My first reaction is to tell you to grow up.

My guess is that cars have made you infantile by concealing all signs of fasteners, wires-- basically anything that cars require to function. E-bikes aren't cars. They are one of the manifestations of less is more. So...

...grow up.

First of all, you should learn how to read. Secondly, part of growing up to be an adult is to learn that not every single person on this earth has to have the exact same opinions and wishes as yourself. In a mirror you could find the infantile person that you're so willing to project to other people.

Back