Clown bike

Ianhill

1 MW
71lmSuVwyYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
For a few years ive attended a bike event where the more insane and lite up your ride is the more respect points it gets.

Electric only is not a problem so ive been thinking of making a mini downhill bike with a dualtron hub motor remove the pedals and replace with bmx stunt pegs for feet, swap the front fork to a small fatbike one 135mm wide with air and oil Chambers then i can fit a 6.5inch wheel so a disc can be added up front.

It will through the geometry off a little the fork rake will need to be put back safe by using a bigger rear shock giving the clown bike 135mm of front and travel 😀 on a large bike id be scared of it cracking but its so small its alot less stress so stronger in a way only a few gussets should be needed to keep all well.

Powerwise 16s is the magic number and 50 battery amps for around 3kw power and been such small wheels it should have no probs climbing the dualtron perform fairly well on a single hub more than enough for a joke bike.

Ive not got the bike yet and ive got a few other projects to move along but i have alot of the parts ready from a failed scooter to make this a reality and theres one for sale not far from me but nothing is cheap these days.

Eastwood said:
Nice looking mini dh bike! Since it’s a joke bike you could go in so many directions with the build :thumb:

Thats exactly my thoughts ive seen one with a dropper post and bmx/trails bars so for a bike to rag about and have a laugh on its a good contender.

I just managed to cook my 3kw brushed scooter she rode strong but let the smoke out after a few mile of harsh riding so ill repurpose some of that.

For whacky times needs whacky projects.

TrotterBob said:
Needs a mini trailer and an electric grill. :mrgreen: :thumb:

You just made the image complete roll up on the beach couple shrimps on the barbie pop a few tins off wait for dark and let the light show begin.

I wonder what could be done with a george foreman need a few kw to get a decent cook going i bet.

Ianhill said:
I wonder what could be done with a george foreman need a few kw to get a decent cook going i bet.

Breakfast links and pancake batter. Way cooler than any LED light show one could put on an ebike IMHO. :wink:

TrotterBob said:
Ianhill said:

Breakfast links and pancake batter. Way cooler than any LED light show one could put on an ebike IMHO. :wink:

The light show would come from the event they light the road up for 5 miles (ride the lights blackpool) looking at the george foreman it runs around 1.4kwh for the big grill them be easy numbers to cook a steak id need 500wh or so i could have a hot plate for my rice pudding afters too.

Back