850c display doesn't work all the features on tsdz2.

bitcrome

1 µW
Hy i have recently purchased a tsdz2 500w 48v with a display 850c from a known site. Arrived , installed with a 52v battery. Turns on show's the voltage and the level of assist and that's it. No speed no amp display no distance. All was received intact No damage on the cables . I've checked the connectors , no problem there. Speed sensor correctly installed but no reading of distance/ speed and wattage or amps. Why wouldn't work like it should. Is it because 850c is for a bafang motor?
Would it work with a vcld5 ?

bitcrome said:
Hy i have recently purchased a tsdz2 500w 48v with a display 850c from a known site. Arrived , installed with a 52v battery. Turns on show's the voltage and the level of assist and that's it. No speed no amp display no distance. All was received intact No damage on the cables . I've checked the connectors , no problem there. Speed sensor correctly installed but no reading of distance/ speed and wattage or amps. Why wouldn't work like it should. Is it because 850c is for a bafang motor?
Which site (link?), and are both running the stock firmware?

bitcrome said:

Were they purchased together, from the same site, as a kit? If not they may have different incompatible firmware on them, and be talking different languages to each other.

Not seeing any data on the display means there is no communication between them, it could be two way or one way.

If the connectors are correctly and fully seated (waterproof Higo/Julets are a bit hard to seat), and wiring continuity and order tests good from inside the display to inside the controller, then that leaves:
--failed comm hardware in display or controller or both
--incompatible firmware / comm protocols between the devices

I've bought them together from the same dealer.
They cammed as a set. Te only thing they advertised " it doesn't show the wattage"
I thought doesn't show the wattage means exactly that. But no speed no current display. I didn't thought that. ( When I start it it shows green pedel what's up with that?)

On the speed sensor, there is a small arrow. Hard to see but you want that magnet to pass within 12 to 15mm of that arrow.
The black body of the sensor is roughly an inch long (25mm), with the arrow being halfway down the body).

I just installed the same system, from eco-ebike, and everything works. My 860C display showed battery percentage at the top. As I am riding there is a moving graph at the bottom that displays your wattage and motor supplemental wattage.

Check the magnet (tap with a screwdriver to make sure you feel the pull) and the gap from the sensor. I wish they had a more sleek magnet, as it is rather clunky.

Wiring - warm weather, check alignment pin and make sure full seated together. There should be a zero-gap when pushed in. It's possible to get a bad cable but check everything first.

Back