dEhon w puzzle battery box

HAL9000v2.0

10 kW
This is my good friend's bike. It will be Dahon with crystalyte 407, and 48V10Ah headway with bmsbattery capacitive bms and charger all fitted inside custom box. The box is made out of cheap polyurethan material called capafix or kapafix and it is 10mm thick and glued together with cyanacrilat glue. The 3mm alu rods are for easier centering and reinforcement. The box came out relay strong, stiff and light. one cover is white and other is transparent. If the box is covered with single sheet of fibreslass it will be hyper-ultra strong. I think I found myself new building material :)

1ox4pf.gif

2uonjft.jpg

2ebd3sn.jpg

kew6t4.jpg

2dqk7si.jpg

k0skgj.jpg

2vazg5v.jpg

9k31qg.jpg

ncxl6a.jpg

51q8f7.jpg

fd7xub.jpg

Hal~~ What a great idea. That machine that cut out all your pieces....is that YOURS?? Could I send you specs for MY battery box and hire you to fab the pieces for me?? If not...whattaya call that and where can I get access to one.?? I agree...with dbl layers of glass/epoxy (inside and out), it would be very robust and lightweight. Yes...I think you did stumble onto something great here. Good job. Dan

Hi Dan, It is mine and it is called CNC router, You can send me the file but I am in Croatia so probably shipping the box will cost more than to bring dxf file to local plexy/polycarbonate/forex shop.
I put 1 layer of 120gr rowing on the out side, it is enough.

feyris: Yes, I can fold it.

I must renew this thread also...

Wow! That is really nice work Hal!

Did you manage to find a laptop old enough to have a parallel port, or are you running one of the USB to parallel converters?

You should share your G-code for the folks in the states who have that model of bike :) I could zip the pieces out for them on my machine. :)

Sheesh Hal people with your CNC skill make me sick, you make it look so damn easy hahaha :mrgreen: ...as usual mate
fantastically AWESOME job, i hope your friend is very appreciative of your time and skillz, does he know his friend (you)
is one of the best custom e-bike fabricators in the business !!!

Keep up the great work Hall...baaaaastard so jealous of you skillz and machinery

KiM

Back