Mark_A_W's DH Team/MAC Shanghai/64v Headway build

Show off your E-bike creation here.
full-throttle   10 MW

10 MW

Re: Mark_A_W's DH Team/MAC Shanghai/60v Headway build

Post by full-throttle » Mar 30 2010 5:51am

Hyena, I wouldn't refuse an offer like that :wink: BMC V2-S is a MAC (or Puma if you like) with most of the bugs ironed out.

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Mar 30 2010 6:50am

voicecoils wrote:Come up and have a ride on the BMC V2-S powered Kona
Where's up ? I'm keen for a ride but unfortunately am tied up with my sisters wedding this long weekend.
I should have my Norco back together in another week then I'll race ya :twisted:
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

Mark_A_W   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Mark_A_W » Mar 30 2010 7:26am

full-throttle wrote: with most of the bugs ironed out.
Famous last words....

Check your keyway/key and gear pins after a few weeks at 37A.
Under construction: Giant DH Team, MAC Shanghai, Infineon 18 FET controller, 64v Headway battery. LINK!!

Retired: Kona Dawg Dually + Bomber Triple Clamp forks with Nine Continents front hub motor, 48v 10Ah Headway LiFePO4 Pack + 12v 10Ah Headway LiFePO4 booster pack (nominal 64v).

Powered by the sun :)

Dead: Jamis Dakar frame, Mongoose Pro Downhill frame, cooked Lipo booster pack....and various other bits and pieces...

voicecoils   10 MW

10 MW

Post by voicecoils » Mar 30 2010 8:27am

Mark_A_W wrote:
full-throttle wrote: with most of the bugs ironed out.
Famous last words....

Check your keyway/key and gear pins after a few weeks at 37A.
I will check. I'm not running as high a voltage as you with my 15S lipo pack so peak power ends up being about the same as your 20 cell lifepo4 setup limited to 28.5A.

AussieJester   100 GW

100 GW

Post by AussieJester » Mar 30 2010 8:46am

Hyena wrote: unfortunately am tied up with my sisters wedding this long weekend.
Oh mate... :: sigh :: :mrgreen: Always the "bridesmaid" never the bride... :mrgreen:

I was greasing up some wheel bearings over the weekend with molybdenum grease and found my tin of straight graphite, i
wonder if half a cup of this would go in a geared frock Mark instead of oil? I thought it might stay in the frock a little longer than the oil that was mentioned 'leaked' a lil? Just a thought anywayz...

When we getting pics of the oober L337 fiberglass battery box mate im very keen to see how it came out?

KiM

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Mar 30 2010 6:58pm

voicecoils wrote:I'm not running as high a voltage as you with my 15S lipo pack so peak power ends up being about the same as your 20 cell lifepo4 setup limited to 28.5A.
Cool, I also have a 15S lipo pack I'm using on one of my bikes so it'll be interesting to compare how they perform.
Your BMC has the composite gears though right ?
AussieJester wrote:Oh mate... :: sigh :: :mrgreen: Always the "bridesmaid" never the bride... :mrgreen:
Stop spamming the forum with photoshopped pictures of me you asshat :lol:
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

Mark_A_W   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Mark_A_W » Mar 30 2010 7:19pm

Here are some almost up to date pics.

Changes since these pics:

- Box is 15mm narrower (and recentered to suit)

- 3mm Stainless Tube struts added to rear mudguard, drilled into the protective plastic bosses I added near the axles

Notice I added RC balance connections to the Cells. Now I can check all cell voltages easily with an RC cell monitor. Turns out the BMS is balancing quite well....or the cells have a natural tendency to sit at 3.31v. Even the 4 cells without a BMS sit at 3.31v, despite being individually charged to ~3.65v.
Attachments
box1.jpg
box2.jpg
box3.jpg
box4.jpg
box5.jpg
box6.jpg
box7.jpg
box8.jpg
box9.jpg
Under construction: Giant DH Team, MAC Shanghai, Infineon 18 FET controller, 64v Headway battery. LINK!!

Retired: Kona Dawg Dually + Bomber Triple Clamp forks with Nine Continents front hub motor, 48v 10Ah Headway LiFePO4 Pack + 12v 10Ah Headway LiFePO4 booster pack (nominal 64v).

Dead: Jamis Dakar frame, Mongoose Pro Downhill frame, cooked Lipo booster pack....and various other bits and pieces...

doc007   1 kW

1 kW

Post by doc007 » Mar 30 2010 8:23pm

Wow your case came out very nice!

I noticed from the pics that you're riding with clipless pedals. Any particular reason why you chose clipless over regular pedals?
Build log: Kona DH Stab Primo, 20s2p, 9C 8x7, Greentime 15fet 4410 50A
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =6&t=41331

AussieJester   100 GW

100 GW

Post by AussieJester » Mar 30 2010 8:40pm

Oh veeeery nice Mark the battery enclosure has come up a freakin treat mate !!
Looks very slick all installed in the frame too, very pro mate well done
to all those that contributed to the making of it too...

KiM

p.s im glad i have a 32in monitor those pics when you clickz on them are HUUUGE hahaa...nice :-)

EDIT: forgot to ask also Mark...what method did you choose to keep the container together?

adrian_sm   10 MW

10 MW

Post by adrian_sm » Mar 30 2010 9:33pm

I vote you paint your forks black. The red standards out too much, against the new battery box.

Then it will look sweeeeeeet. :D

- Adrian
Build #1 ~28kg ~ 700w Avanti Hardtail Crystalyte 408, 48V10Ah Headway. ~5500 kms to date. (retired)
Build #2 ~30kg ~2000w Giant AC Dually Crystalyte 408, 48V10Ah Headway + 6s10Ah LiPo = 70V. ~15000 kms to date [SOLD]
Build #3 ~13kg ~2000w Commuter Booster <1kg Friction Drive
Build #??? ~21kg ~1500w Adrian's Bafang BPM Hardtail MTB Bafang BPM code12, 15s LiPo, ~40kph, ~30kms

AussieJester   100 GW

100 GW

Post by AussieJester » Mar 30 2010 9:59pm

I likez the red forks...the battery box could be done in the same blue as the frame perhaps? Either way it looks schweet as is IMHO. Very professional looking outfit i think.

KiM

Mark_A_W   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Mark_A_W » Mar 30 2010 10:06pm

I didn't get a choice on the colour, it was black or black. But it was free. 2 pack.

I'm not pulling the forks apart. They are red and staying that way, and they go faster.

At the moment the box is sticky taped together. Today I'm thinking a little black 20mm webbing and some press studs (aka click buttons) in the corners...tomorrow..well I dunno.

The other choice is sticky velcro, slit in half and laid either side of the join. Then a non-sticky velcro "wrap" around the whole lot.

Sorry I forget to resize the pics....

AussieJester   100 GW

100 GW

Post by AussieJester » Mar 30 2010 10:13pm

Mark_A_W wrote: The other choice is sticky velcro, slit in half and laid either side of the join. Then a non-sticky velcro "wrap" around the whole lot.
I'm guessing its a pretty 'tight' press fit anyways? I like the press stud idea, depending on how often you need to gain access velcro could also be good, after ripping it apart couple dozen times i find it loses alot of its 'sticking' power... Would drilling ~ 3 holes on each side epoxing a nut on the inner side of the enclosure and popping the bolts through be a possible option maybe? Few neat cap screws would look neat and go with the pro-look finish of the box...Even you have to admit though Mark it is a bettr look than your duct taped pack ... i know i know you are believer of the tape hehee...best of luck with the fastening of it anywayz :-)

KiM

Mark_A_W   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Mark_A_W » Mar 30 2010 10:51pm

I need to be able to open it twice every day to charge.

It's a tight enough fit that half a ball on a leaf spring (ball detent) would probably work fine.