Crazy Police Bike Chase

ambroseliao

100 kW
Saw this on the 'Tube and had to post it here:

The quality is very poor and you can't tell much of what the bike rider has on his bike, but if he's riding it without any assistance, he should easily displace Lance! He's going crazy fast on the highway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtaJhznF2hA

I guess adrenaline counts for a lot here!

Ambrose

If police is going to chase and get a accident with company trailer later.. i think the biker/ ebike will come down and take a photo shot.. the police will be sued for rackless driving.

kent

That was either drbass, or some dude on a motorcycle.

neptronix said:
That was either drbass, or some dude on a motorcycle.

Ah haa.. I confirm... :mrgreen: This ebikist was CHASING ME !! :wink:

We just can't see me on the video :twisted: :lol:

Doc

Quite obviously its a fake guys, but funny none the less.
The give away is the two different "police cars" the supposed
"police car" behind the cyclist ain't the same as the second police car, they
colored the roof but not the doors and the flashing lights mysteriously disappear
shortly after the video starts not that they were even in the correct place in
the first instance, they were at the rear of the roof not the middle
the car is obviously different model than the police cars following also, The car
the police were actually chasing, is the "Police car" directly behind
the cyclist...the cyclist has been added after the fact.

I vote doc bass goes try and out run the cops and be the first to make the tv
in a bicycle police chase for real :p

KiM

Yup, it was one of those Nike commercials. It has always been my dream to evade the police on a bicycle but never had the guts to instigate something.

gestalt said:
Yup, it was one of those Nike commercials. It has always been my dream to evade the police on a bicycle but never had the guts to instigate something.

The consequences far out weigh the initial fine if no, when your caught, rarely will you get away, they have your plates they record everything on camera,if they don't get you committing the offense there will be a card on your front door when you get home informing you to contact police. Nothing surprises me about todays young kids and the total lack of authority they show for the Police, I blame the parents and todays 'politically correct" society, back in my day if you did something wrong you got a swift kick in the ass that made you think about doing the wrong thing next time, today its "time outs" kids are sent to sit in their rooms, what kid doesn't have a pc or ipod to keep themselves amused in their rooms these days?! yeah that;'' make em think things through :-S Guess i am just old skool .. Kids these days have no respect for their elders, i was bought up to call those older than me Sir or Mr and still do to this day when i speak with my mates parents and i'm 41 years old.

KiM

gestalt said:
Yea it is fake/sped up.
About it being your dream to evade the police... Well I won't go into details but use your imagination :mrgreen:

AussieJester said:
The consequences far out weigh the initial fine if no, when your caught, rarely will you get away, they have your plates they record everything on camera,if they don't get you committing the offense there will be a card on your front door when you get home informing you to contact police. Nothing surprises me about todays young kids and the total lack of authority they show for the Police, I blame the parents and todays 'politically correct" society, back in my day if you did something wrong you got a swift kick in the ass that made you think about doing the wrong thing next time, today its "time outs" kids are sent to sit in their rooms, what kid doesn't have a pc or ipod to keep themselves amused in their rooms these days?! yeah that;'' make em think things through :-S Guess i am just old skool .. Kids these days have no respect for their elders, i was bought up to call those older than me Sir or Mr and still do to this day when i speak with my mates parents and i'm 41 years old.

KiM
Yes if you are caught the consequence far outweigh the initial fine(most of the time) but as to the bolded section that is Completely False. Don't believe everything you see on T.V.

GTR2EBIKE said:
as to the bolded section that is Completely False. Don't believe everything you see on T.V.

You can outrun the Police and get away quite easily no argument there especially on a sportsbike or even road and trail if your near bush, fact is all patrol cars in OZ are equipped with video cameras and pcs soon as they have your plate they have allll your other details immediately on a screen in their car with admissible evidence on video of the chase, once you exceed ~120km/hr on suburban streets the Police (are meant to) call off the chase anywyaz as its considered danger to the general public (in Australia anywayz) but your plate has already been recorded along with your details . If your in a stolen car your chances are obviously better.

KiM

AussieJester said:
Get off my lawn!

There, fixed that for ya. lol

AussieJester said:
I vote doc bass goes try and out run the cops and be the first to make the tv
in a bicycle police chase for real :p

+1 +1 +1; it is temping. Given the right terrain, i bet one could outrun the cops. At least in a rural area where they don't have any helicopters.. hehe. When their only options are to chase on foot, or on car... a lot of options are opened up for escape!

I've been on highways where motorcycles are giving cop cars a HELL of a chase. Just thrilling to watch.
Really bad idea. But really fun to think about.

AussieJester said:
GTR2EBIKE said:
as to the bolded section that is Completely False. Don't believe everything you see on T.V.

You can outrun the Police and get away quite easily no argument there especially on a sportsbike or even road and trail if your near bush, fact is all patrol cars in OZ are equipped with video cameras and pcs soon as they have your plate they have allll your other details immediately on a screen in their car with admissible evidence on video of the chase, once you exceed ~120km/hr on suburban streets the Police (are meant to) call off the chase anywyaz as its considered danger to the general public (in Australia anywayz) but your plate has already been recorded along with your details . If your in a stolen car your chances are obviously better.

KiM

If you anticipate things are going to get spirited, take the plates off before you leave the house. :)

If things get unexpectedly spirited and you have plates on, once clear, ditch the car and report it stolen, wait for your phone call to tell you where it is to pick it up.

If your area has choppers, either gotta be out of sight before they can get those turbines up to temp. Or, if you happen to live 1 mile from a massive international airport... they can't persue you in restricted airspace, not worth putting a jet trying to land or take off in danger over stopping a speeder. lol Helicopters are also useless for things like underground or above ground multi-level parking structures.

Or if you're on a bike, things are way way easier than a car. It doesn't even need to be a fast bike, just needs to have a creative rider that understands how to leverage the advantages of a bike against the disadvantages of persuing car.

AussieJester said:
KiM
Wow, 120km/hr and the chase is called off. Isn't that like 75 mph?

liveforphysics said:
If you anticipate things are going to get spirited, take the plates off before you leave the house. :)

If things get unexpectedly spirited and you have plates on, once clear, ditch the car and report it stolen, wait for your phone call to tell you where it is to pick it up.

If your area has choppers, either gotta be out of sight before they can get those turbines up to temp. Or, if you happen to live 1 mile from a massive international airport... they can't persue you in restricted airspace, not worth putting a jet trying to land or take off in danger over stopping a speeder. lol Helicopters are also useless for things like underground or above ground multi-level parking structures.

Or if you're on a bike, things are way way easier than a car. It doesn't even need to be a fast bike, just needs to have a creative rider that understands how to leverage the advantages of a bike against the disadvantages of persuing car.
Agreed besides from the fact of ditching the car and reporting it stolen. That will probably get you caught more times than not.

Back